- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
DIY Emery Pincushion
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Scraps and just an hour of your time can be combined to make your new favorite pincushion pattern. The DIY Emery Pincushion shows you how to make a pin cushion that is perfect for sewing. Unlike many pincushions, this cutie is sturdy and easy to use. Combing the scrappy style of piecework with the practical shape of a pillow, this project will stay put as you poke it with pins and sew along. Stash this project next to your machine as you sew away, making it the perfect place to store runaway pins.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Read NextDenim Flower DIY Necklace
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 30, 2017
Keeping hand sewing needles and straight pins sharp does require a pincushion that has emery enclosed inside somewhere. The hanging strawberry on a tomato pincushion has fine emery sand and it really does work. This is a perfect project for any sewer. Emery can be found wherever crafts are sold.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Brilliant Pot Holder Organizer
Innovative projects like this Brilliant Pot Holder Organizer are what get us excited about getting crafty. This project is perfect for… Continue reading: "Brilliant Pot Holder Organizer"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners