- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
DIY Chenille Baby Blanket With Wood Teething Ring
This plush teething blanket is a must-make for parents! Learn how to make a chenille baby blanket that includes a helpful wooden teething ring.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Plush, velveteen, and lightly striped for texture, chenille is the perfect fabric for babies.
Now you can make your own chenille baby blanket with this Chenille Teething Baby Blanket Tutorial! Make a blanket for your friend's baby shower, or make one for your own little miracle.
This blanket isn't just for snuggling, either. It's also looped around a teething ring, so while your baby is swathed in comfort, he/she can also soothe the pain of incoming teeth.
Colorful and pragmatic, luxe and functional, this DIY teething ring and baby blanket pattern is a wonderful combination and something every parent should have in their arsenal of baby gear.
Emma from Fiskars is the designer of this cozy and practical DIY chenille blanket for babies. She says: This chenille baby blanket has everything – a plush texture, a pop of color and something to chew on! Using the Chenille Maker makes creating these soft and snuggly sensory blankets easier than ever.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns
These nursery craft ideas are perfect for any baby's room or baby shower gift for a new bundle of joy!
>> 13 Baby Nursery Sewing Projects
DIY Chenille Baby Blanket With Wood Teething Ring
• Sewing machine and thread
• 2-1/2'' Wooden ring
• Chenille maker
• Folding ruler (6'' x 24'')
• Classic stick rotary cutter (45mm)
Skill Level: Intermediate
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to Complete: In an Evening
Sewn By: Both Hand and Machine
If you're searching for something to make for your next baby shower, look no further than these adorable baby blanket sewing patterns.
>> 40 Easy Baby Blanket Sewing Patterns
Chenille Baby Blanket With Teething Ring Instructions:
- Cut 4-7 pieces of 12" x 12" fabric and one piece of 14" x 14" fabric. The 14" x 14" fabric will be your base layer of fabric. Place all pieces of 12" x 12" fabric pieces on top of each other, with the base layer at the bottom.
- Use a ruler and chalk to mark a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner. Sew along the marked line, then sew evenly spaced parallel lines over the entire surface of the fabric. The lines should be between 3/8" to 1/2" apart.
- Insert the chenille maker into the center channel, just above the larger base layer and facing towards you. Hold the material in place and firmly pull the chenille maker towards you, cutting through the layers of fabric. Cut through each channel in the same way.
- After cutting through all the stitched channels, put the fabric in the washer and dryer. For better, fluffier chenille results, launder with other items; the friction helps to create a plush effect.
- To finish the sensory teething toy, pin a piece of fabric to the right sides of the chenille. Sew three sides of the fabric around the perimeter of the square.
- Trim the seam allowance and clip the corners. Turn the chenille sensory blanket to the right through the hole you left on the one side. Sew the hole closed.
- Pass one corner of the blanket through a wooden ring and sew it down so that the ring is attached at the corner. You may need to hand-stitch this to ensure it is firmly attached.
About the Company:
This article originally appeared on the Fiskars site. Learn more about Fiskars and what else this company has shared on AllFreeSewing by visiting the company profile here: Fiskars
12 Tag Blankets for Babies Patterns >>
What's your favorite fabric for blankets?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextSew Easy Baby Blanket Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jan 09, 2023
SO LUXURIOUS! It's a fantastic blanket and I love the addition of the teething ring.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners