This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Stitched Text Tote Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
This technique is one that every sewist will want to try! The finished product looks so polished, but really, the whole thing is terribly easy. Once you've done it a few times on bags, try it next on a t-shirt, tablecloth, blanket, and more.
The beauty of this project is that you can embroider nearly any text you want without having to worry about knowing exactly how to stitch the letters. With the helpful guide of stickers, you don't have to rush or over plan what you want to create. Keep calm and embroider with ease!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- A canvas or cotton tote bag
- Large letter stickers
- Embroidery thread
- A needle with a large eye
Use your stickers to spell out a message on your tote bag.
Once you're satisfied with the arrangement of the stickers (it took me a couple of tries to get the text aligned the way I wanted it), thread your needle with the embroidery thread and start stitching around the stickers, using them as guides for your letters!
I took the stickers off as I went to admire my handiwork, and was finished in no time.
Read NextHalf Hour Circle Stitch Clutch
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sew Plastic Bag Holder
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners