We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
Bringing a child into the world can be one of the most amazing and wonderful experiences of someone's life. All parents love their little baby sons and daughters and want to give them the best. In an ideal world, you could give your child absolutely anything for little to no money. The reality, though, is that adding a member to your family can be quite expensive. Fortunately, there are ways to bring down the cost, many of which are contained in Choly Knight's book, Sew Baby.
The projects in this book will show you how to provide your child with the cutest and the cuddliest without having to break the bank. Whether you want to learn how to make homemade bibs or you're in the market for some budget-friendly toys, Knight's book will show you how it's done. The book is broken down into four chapters to show you how to get newborn-ready while saving a ton of money.
Before you even make it to the first chapter, Knight will walk you through the sewing essentials, so virtually everyone can sew a Cuddly Creatures Hooded Towel. Check out the first section of the book to read up on the tools, tips, techniques, and fabrics you'll be using as you progress through the chapters. Once you have the basics down, nothing will stand between you and having the best DIY nursery in town.
Follow along with the colorful photos and the easy step-by-step instructions so you can sew anything your child might need. What's more, Knight provides you with patterns for every project in her book. After you have photo copied the patterns to scale, all you'll have to do is lay out your fabrics to ensure accurate dimensions and then get started sewing.
This how-to guide is perfect for every parent-, grandparent-, aunt-, uncle-, and godparent-to-be. No matter whose child you are sewing for, this book is the place to start. If you are sewing for your own newborn, use Sew Baby to learn how to make your child the necessities like burp cloths and diaper bags. If you have a baby shower that you're buying for, those new parents are sure to appreciate a handmade Pirate Isle Toy Organizer for their little one.
Sewing your own baby supplies let's you curb the cost of raising a child without having to sacrifice any of the warmth and softness you desire for your baby. Beyond the money-saving benefits, each and every item you sew for your child is infused with care and love with which store-bought items could never compete. Projects like a hand-sewn headband featuring your child's Chinese zodiac animal give your baby's environment special meaning that can't be beat. Get your flannels, fleeces, and felts ready, and grab yourself a copy of Sew Baby today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Scrunchie Sewing Pattern
- How To Cut Leggings Into Shorts
- How To Add A Side Pocket To Leggings
- Why You Should Submit Your Projects to AllFreeSewing
- Diy Dog Leash
- Fun Diy Sunglasses Case
- Kim from Exquisitely Unremarkable
- How To Make Kids Pants Smaller
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- Making Bias Tape
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners