Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Laura Fernandes for AllFreeSewing.com
Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts from Leisure Arts is the next collection you'll want to add to your stash. The six quilting patterns in this book are beginner friendly while a seasoned quilter could use them whip up a quilt over a long weekend. These are designs put together by two very talented quilters who also happen to be sisters, Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson.
All the designs in this book include clear instructions for completing the quilts. Precise measurements for cutting up the fabric are included in every design. All the designs have straight edges that make the patterns extremely simple to piece together. The patterns provide excellent color combination ideas for choosing the fabrics. Every design provides measurements for the individual block sizes and for the completed quilt size making it easier to plan and choose the appropriate project size.
The Star Search (p. 4) gives a unique twist to the use of half square triangles. The completed quilt would make a wonderful gift for a child in the family and with proper fabric color selection could work for an adult too. The pictures provide detailed instructions making this seemingly complicated design easy to piece together in a jiffy. As with all the designs in the book, the basic block can be used to imagine other different creative designs.
The Leap Frog design (p. 16) is extremely playful quilt having all straight edges for the building blocks of squares and rectangles. The quilt pattern could be adapted to make an excellent crib blanket for a newborn in the family. The names for the quilt designs match the choice of color fabric used, which means that the completed quilt could be named as per ones imagination. The design for the Orange Slices and Pink Lemonade (p. 36 and p. 10) could be easily adapted to any fabric color combination on hand.
An entire section in the book is devoted to general instructions on completing the quilt. The tips provided in obtaining perfect points when piecing would be helpful to any quilter. Various ways to border the quilt, including techniques to make the binding from fabric are included in this section.
This book will be a great addition to any beginner wanting to take up a quilting project and to experienced quilters looking out for adding new tricks and inspiration for a project.
Read NextSteampunk Your Wardrobe
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make homemade curtains with this free sewing pattern. These Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains look great in a kitchen or hanging from a… Continue reading: "Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Cute and Easy Quilting and Stitching
- Vintage Notions
- Little Girls, Big Style
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Everything Alice
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Barbie Top Pattern For Beginners
- Rainbow Sewing: 32 Colorful Projects to Sew
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Diy Farmer's Market Tote
- Temperature Quilt
- 3 Way Bag
- Sunglasses Case Sewing Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Sewing Pattern
- How To Make Curtains
- Diy Reusable Sweeper Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners