- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Epic Cosplay Costumes Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Epic Cosplay Costumes Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
When it comes to sewing costumes, there are some unusual elements that might baffle you. For instance, when's the last time you made a superhero cape or a heroic tunic? Epic Cosplay Costumes by Kristie "Karmada" Good has essential tutorials for superhero, video game and fantasy characters. Once you have these tutorials down, you can make costumes for all your favorite characters!
This book is based around creating costumes for cosplay. For those who aren't familiar, cosplay is an increasingly popular hobby of making costumes for conventions and events - Good explains the finer details. Even if you aren't into cosplay (which is a lot of fun), you can learn to sew amazing costumes for beloved nerds in your life with Good's step-by-step guide. Costumes come in handy for Halloween, parties, photo shoots and more.
The author has a background in manga-style art and sewing, and she masterfully fuses these interests in the books' style and formatting. While the sewing tutorials are detailed, clear and direct, Good's artwork gives this book a personal flair. Plus, it's just fun.
While specific characters aren't called out in Epic Cosplay Costumes (probably for copyright reasons), there are definite winks and nods to iconic comic book and video game characters. A great feature of this book is that Good offers alternate versions and options for her patterns, such as adding cuffs to gloves or changing the shape of a skirt. While readers can use Good's patterns as a jumping off point, she inspires readers to make choices in designing the finer details of their costume, which is just the right amount of guidance for this creative task.
As a graphic artist and experienced sewing teacher, Good offers a unique point of view for sewists. She shows that it's not impossible to draw out your dream costume and then wear it. As she puts it, "Cosplay is about thinking outside the box to create fanciful costumes and bringing 2-D designs and images into the third dimension." In other words, making your fantasies sew real.
Have you sewn a costume before?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Sewing Vintage Modern
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Quilted Bags with Style
- All Dolled Up
- Enter for your chance to win the Signature Bags and Totes Sewing Bundle Giveaway!
- Button and Stitch
- Sewing Machine Basics
- Stitch By Stitch
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners