Steampunk Your Wardrobe
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
If ruffles, lace, and feathers spark your interest, this book is a must read. In Steampunk Your Wardrobe, author Calista Taylor walks you through the steps it takes to give your plain clothes that Victorian flair you've been looking for. Step by step, the author explains the easy process it takes to create Victorian-style clothing and accessories. Whether you're looking to make a feathered hair clip, a charmed necklace, or lacy pantaloons, there is something for everyone in this book. The tutorials in Steampunk Your Wardrobe are perfect for people who are interested in revamping their wardrobe without having to spend a boatload of money. Check out the variety of patterns that will show you how easy it is to refashion clothing. You can use clothing you already have or make clothes from scratch using thrifty materials from rummage sales and flea markets.
No matter your skill level as a crafter and sewist, there is a project for you in this book. Some projects are completely no-sew, while others put your needle-and-thread skills to the test. As you progress through the book, the author builds on skills you practiced in earlier chapters so you can explore the depths of Victorian fashion. Learn the foundational skills like cutting fabric and sewing invisible stitches, then move on to sewing projects like the Shoulder Wrap, Knit Bolero, Victorian Purse, and Brown Capelet. You can sew pieces to wear individually that will add just a splash of the Victorian style to your outfit, or you can sew complete ensembles to really show off your Victorian chic.
The tutorials within the pages of Steampunk Your Wardrobe present you with the opportunities to learn new skills and practice the basics while creating eye-catching attire and accessories. Whether you sew the projects for yourself or to give as gifts to friends, you're sure to enjoy the experience of replicating the vintage Victorian look. If you're ready to get started, round up your sewing kit, glue gun, and best Victorian fabrics, and grab yourself a copy of Steampunk Your Wardrobe today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Sew It All: Quick Projects
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- All Dolled Up
- Bags: The Modern Classics
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Bunny Basket
- Leather Vs Kraft-tex
- How To Sew A Pillow Cover In 4 Easy Steps
- How To Sew A Scrunchie In 5 Steps
- What is Tacking in Sewing?
- How To Make A Burp Cloth From A Diaper
- Super Simple Face Mask Pattern For Adults And Kids
- Super Simple Face Mask Pattern
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners