Marge's Custom Slipcovers
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Marge's Custom Slipcovers
Provided by Schiffer Books
Reviewed by Annie Rosean
Most people will agree that keeping every aspect of your home décor up to date and tidy is near impossible, not to mention expensive. I've long looked upon my decades-old furniture in dismay, knowing that I wouldn't be able to update them what with other home fixtures begging for assistance. Given the choice of purchasing a new armchair or fixing the leaky ceiling, you really have no choice. That's why I quickly fell in love with Marge Jones' book, Marge's Custom Slipcovers. This is truly a godsend among home décor sewing collections. Whether you have ratty open armchairs or a family room sofa with an unfortunate '70s print, this book will provide answers to making over your furniture for the better.
The idea of making an entire slipcover may sound overwhelming, but it's actually very doable. Jones breaks down the process of making slipcovers in step-by-step instructions. If you're a more visual learner, beautiful photographs accompany each step in these incredible tutorials. The way that this book reaches out to every skill level charms me. As I leafed through the pages for the first time, I didn't feel deterred from trying these projects at all. Suddenly, slipcover details such as fitting arms or adding zippers didn't seem as scary as I originally thought. This book's alternative slip-covering techniques lets those of us who aren't sewing pros spruce up their homes.
It's not merely the accessibility of Marge's Custom Slipcovers that makes it so charming. The range in patterns tailors to every kind of living room seat imaginable. Jones certainly accounts for that cushioned barstool and age-old armchair in her tutorials. Just when you think that there isn't a fitting pattern for your cat-scratched chair, Jones surprises you. There's even a tidbit about making a pincushion wristband. It's as though every detail was considered when creating this book to ease the sewist's slipcover experience.
Whether you're sewing together a sofa skirt or dining room chair cover, you'll more than likely feel relieved at saving money on a new look. Coming from someone now entirely content with their freshly updated sofa and armchair, I'm telling you not to think twice about checking this book out. Finally, you can have a new armchair and a ceiling that doesn't leak.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tips and Tricks for Sewing Vinyl
- Rustic Fabric Christmas Tree Banner
- 32 Valentine's Day Sewing Projects
- Printable DIY Fabric Labels
- How to Sew a Patch
- Customized DIY Tea Towels
- Toadstool Wrist Pincushion Tutorial
- 23+ Beginner Sewing Videos and Tutorials
- Which Body Shape Am I? Quick Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Vintage Kitchen Towel Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners