More Felt Friends from Japan
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
More Felt Friends from Japan
Gifted by: Kodansha
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
More Felt Friends from Japan is an adorable and equally as exciting follow-up collection to Naomi Tabatha’s Felt Friends from Japan. This almost too-cute collection consists of oodles and oodles of adorable little animals, dolls, and appliques to create and brighten your day. These cute creatures will make amazing little decorations in a quirky home as well as amazing gifts for a kiddo in your life. Kids will especially love the collection of zoo animals.
What’s so surprising about this collection is the sheer amount of projects that are placed between its pages. There are 80 funky and fun little kawaii toys and accessories to make. While this sheer volume of patterns could overwhelm most books, this follow-up collection is expertly organized. There is a lot to take in from the pages but you never feel too overwhelmed. While some of these petite toys and dolls might be difficult to make, the extremely detailed instructions and helpful illustrations will be with you along the way. Every single step will be a breeze as long as you follow along.
Sewists with little girls in their lives will find the dress-up patterns especially useful. The “Dress-up Miss Kitty” patterns and collections allow you to create an adorable little kitty with a plentiful wardrobe. You could easily create a massively interactive and expansive little wardrobe for this little plush as a big surprise for a little girl. The best thing about these felt friends is that they are made entirely of felt. You will not have to worry about little ones picking off and swallowing dangerous, solid pieces like buttons or beads.
More Felt Friends from Japan by Naomi Tabatha is the perfect little book to keep on your shelf if you love creating precious and imaginative kawaii dolls. Lovers of the first collection will not be disappointed. These pint-sized little creations will make a great surprise gift or birthday present for an animal-loving child.
Enter to win More Felt Friends from Japan through May 26th, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST time.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Stitched Toys: 20 Stunning But Simple Designs
The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding
Emma Tote Kit
Sewing Vintage Modern
Sewing Pottery by Machine
Pattern Fitting with Confidence
100 Applique Motifs
Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
Sew It, Stuff It
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- One Yard Wonders: 26+ One Yard Fabric Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners