- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Signature Bags Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Signature Bags Book Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly is the must-have guide to sewing purses and tote bags this spring. As the weather lightens up, there's much more color to play with, and you can sew accessories to match any ensemble. Signature Bags will help you do just that, in style.
Handmade bags get a modern upgrade in Golightly's book of patterns. The bright, fashion-forward purses, totes, and clutches in this book are refreshing and inspiring. These bags would be appropriate for women of any age. The patterns have a clean style that would look great with a variety of fabrics, so there's plenty of room to express yourself. The book also comes with a CD-ROM of the patterns for easy usage.
There are 12 easy sewing pattern in this book. Golightly briefly goes into materials and technique before diving into purses and clutches. These bags feature everything you'd expect from store-bought ones: magnets, metal hardware, handles, and adjustable straps. Of course, there are also cute, feminine embellishments like ruffles and buttons.
The clutches and wallets in this book are simply adorable, and you'll definitely want one of your own when you see the gorgeous full-color photos in this book. Tote bags get an upgrade with the Clear-As-Day Tote, which would make a lovely day bag or beach bag with it's clear vinyl.
One of my favorite patterns in this book is the Free Spirit Drawstring Purse, which is very modern and youthful. It manages to be simple and cute at the same time! It would be a great bag for breezing through the farmer's market, or a day at the fair. You can tell you have some great patterns in your hands when you can envision when and where you'd use the finished projects.
If you'd like to make the purse of your dreams, grab a copy of Signature Bags and get sewing.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 07, 2017
I love my bags and totes and can never find any I like so I have to make my own. I love a lot of pockets and every time I think I can find one to buy it disappoints me so I have decided to make my own bag. I am still searching for that perfect one. I make totes all the time for gifts and I am ready to move to bags and clutches and this book seems to have them all. I entered to win them so fingers crossed. Looks to be a great book.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Emma Tote Kit
- Start Stitching
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sew It, Stuff It
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners