Signature Bags Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Signature Bags Book Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly is the must-have guide to sewing purses and tote bags this spring. As the weather lightens up, there's much more color to play with, and you can sew accessories to match any ensemble. Signature Bags will help you do just that, in style.
Handmade bags get a modern upgrade in Golightly's book of patterns. The bright, fashion-forward purses, totes, and clutches in this book are refreshing and inspiring. These bags would be appropriate for women of any age. The patterns have a clean style that would look great with a variety of fabrics, so there's plenty of room to express yourself. The book also comes with a CD-ROM of the patterns for easy usage.
There are 12 easy sewing pattern in this book. Golightly briefly goes into materials and technique before diving into purses and clutches. These bags feature everything you'd expect from store-bought ones: magnets, metal hardware, handles, and adjustable straps. Of course, there are also cute, feminine embellishments like ruffles and buttons.
The clutches and wallets in this book are simply adorable, and you'll definitely want one of your own when you see the gorgeous full-color photos in this book. Tote bags get an upgrade with the Clear-As-Day Tote, which would make a lovely day bag or beach bag with it's clear vinyl.
One of my favorite patterns in this book is the Free Spirit Drawstring Purse, which is very modern and youthful. It manages to be simple and cute at the same time! It would be a great bag for breezing through the farmer's market, or a day at the fair. You can tell you have some great patterns in your hands when you can envision when and where you'd use the finished projects.
If you'd like to make the purse of your dreams, grab a copy of Signature Bags and get sewing.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- A Quilter's Ark
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners