Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Pattern
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted by Interweave
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
No matter what time of year it is, you can easily create your very own sewn wardrobe! Inside Simply Sewn by Michiyo Ito, you will find a lovely collection of wearable clothes for every season. Choose from 31 versatile designs including dresses, shirts, pants, and jackets. All are comfortable, figure-friendly designs. Plus, you'll also find simple accessories such as scarves and bags to add the perfect finishing touch.
This 128-page book contains everything you need to get started sewing your clothes. When you first open the book, you'll dive right into the beautiful designs. Each article of clothing is displayed with multiple color photographs and are broken down by season: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and a fifth "bonus season," Special Occasions.
In the first half of the book, you'll just get a general idea of the clothes themselves; the detailed instructions for each item of clothing are saved for a different chapter ("Project Instructions") in the second half of the book. This is a nice way of organizing a book because it really focuses on the actual articles of clothing themselves and lets the designs speak for themselves. as a reader, you don't have to worry about the technical aspect of any of the beautiful designs until you've actually decided you want to make it. By just looking at the pictures, you can get a really good idea of what the book is about and what types of clothing you can choose from. It's almost like a "look book" of fashions.
If you're new to sewing your own clothes, then you might be especially interested in the "Before You Begin" portion of the book; this section is nestled in between the "look book" and the Project Instructions. Here, you will find everything you need to know about sewing clothes including Selecting your Size, Pre-Washing Your Fabric, Preparing the Patterns, Cutting the Fabric, and Sewing. At the very back of the book, you will find the physical pattern pieces in a wide range of sizes to choose from.
Check out a sneak peek below of some of the projects you will find inside Simply Sewn!
From left to right: Boatneck Coctail Dress, Summer Wrap Dress, Bolero Cardigan
Images courtesy of interweavestore.com
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
One-Hour Water Bottle Bag
Sustainable water bottles help you stay hydrated and help you avoid having to purchase bottle after bottle. Plus, with water by your… Continue reading: "One-Hour Water Bottle Bag"
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Emma Tote Kit
- Start Stitching
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sew It, Stuff It
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners