We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
No matter what time of year it is, you can easily create your very own sewn wardrobe! Inside Simply Sewn by Michiyo Ito, you will find a lovely collection of wearable clothes for every season. Choose from 31 versatile designs including dresses, shirts, pants, and jackets. All are comfortable, figure-friendly designs. Plus, you'll also find simple accessories such as scarves and bags to add the perfect finishing touch.
This 128-page book contains everything you need to get started sewing your clothes. When you first open the book, you'll dive right into the beautiful designs. Each article of clothing is displayed with multiple color photographs and are broken down by season: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and a fifth "bonus season," Special Occasions.
In the first half of the book, you'll just get a general idea of the clothes themselves; the detailed instructions for each item of clothing are saved for a different chapter ("Project Instructions") in the second half of the book. This is a nice way of organizing a book because it really focuses on the actual articles of clothing themselves and lets the designs speak for themselves. as a reader, you don't have to worry about the technical aspect of any of the beautiful designs until you've actually decided you want to make it. By just looking at the pictures, you can get a really good idea of what the book is about and what types of clothing you can choose from. It's almost like a "look book" of fashions.
If you're new to sewing your own clothes, then you might be especially interested in the "Before You Begin" portion of the book; this section is nestled in between the "look book" and the Project Instructions. Here, you will find everything you need to know about sewing clothes including Selecting your Size, Pre-Washing Your Fabric, Preparing the Patterns, Cutting the Fabric, and Sewing. At the very back of the book, you will find the physical pattern pieces in a wide range of sizes to choose from.
Check out a sneak peek below of some of the projects you will find inside Simply Sewn!
From left to right: Boatneck Coctail Dress, Summer Wrap Dress, Bolero Cardigan
Images courtesy of interweavestore.com
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- A Quilter's Ark
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners