The Marilyn Dress
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The Marilyn Dress
Gifted by: Serendipity Studio
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Finding a cute and flattering vintage dress pattern can be insanely difficult. Oftentimes, vintage patterns fit in a very different way or cinch in unflattering places. Plus, understanding how to use a truly old-school pattern can be a hassle. They are infinitely more complicated than modern patterns. None of these issues will plague you when you create the Marilyn Dress from Serendipity Studios. This cute dress pattern is flattering with a vintage vibe, easy-to-follow, and well worth the time investment.
This pattern includes tissue paper cut-outs of each pattern piece as well as extremely detailed and comprehensive instructions. It is easy for even an inexperienced sewist to follow the instructions all the way to completion. The fold-out instructions not only tell you how to create this dress but offer detailed explanations as well as helpful illustrations. While some sewing patterns can be quizzically confusing, this pattern does not assume too much about the reader’s skill set and will help you tremendously along the way.
No matter what size, color, or material you create this dress in, you will not be disappointed. Patterns that are as customizable as the patterns provided by Serendipity Studio are absolutely fantastic, but they can be a tad bit overwhelming, as well. Novice designers and sewists can find themselves bogged down by so many options. It can be hard to commit to a color scheme or trim choice. This pattern eliminates those worries by providing a plethora of examples with color pictures. It does not matter how you plan on crafting this dress; there is an example for every option.
The Marilyn Dress pattern from Serendipity Studio is the perfect marriage of flawless design and simple sewing. This is one of those patterns that will not leave you feeling confused or abandoned. The directions are concise, the pattern is simple, the design is chic, and the process will be just as fantastic as the final product. Sewists looking for a fun project should look to Serendipity Studios for all their dress pattern needs.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Learn how to make an apron that will add some of Cupids charm to all of your cooking and baking endeavors this February. This free… Continue reading: "Lovey Dovey Free Apron Pattern"
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win the Sewing Made Simple Giveaway!
- Vintage Notions
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Mend & Make Fabulous
- Sewn Spaces
- Bags: The Modern Classics
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- All About Bobbins
- Make A Square Hem Circle Skirt
- Mini Felt Mermaid Softie + Free Pattern
- Face Mask Sewing Pattern With Neck Band
- Diy Face Mask Without Sewing Machine
- Easy Way To Apply Bias Tape To A V-neck Tutorial
- Circus Monkey Felt Book Page
- Graffiti Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Reusable Kitchen Towels
- Fall Leaves Coasters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners