We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Gifted by: Design Originals
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
Sewists looking to brush up on their detail stitching and embroidery will find everything they need in this collection and more. Start Stitching by Design Originals boasts “sweet and simple projects for needle and thread” and it delivers on that promise. This book of fun accents, embroidery projects, and other sassy stitching ideas will delight any sewist who loves to add just a little bit of personality to their projects.
Separated into sections that outline different types of stitching like embroidery, long stitch, and needlework as well as sections on embellishing techniques like applique, felt tags, and monograms, Start Stitching offers a wealth of knowledge on stitching a dozen different ways. You will never tire of the projects in this book. The projects and tips are all unique. Ranging from cute little sheep embellishments to elegant ways to add beading and sequins to decorative home décor, the tricks in this collection of crafts have something for every crafting style.
In addition to stitching and embellishment ideas, Start Stitching offers an amazing amount of helpful sewing information. With clear pictures of each stitch and even an entire section dedicated to sewing materials and the machine, this book is an amazing resource. If you need a refresher on simple sewing facts, this is the book for you. This would make a great gift for a new sewist, too.
Whether you are brand new to sewing or a seasoned creator, Start Stitching by Design Originals will be an excellent resource for your crafting needs. With projects and helpful tips and tricks, this stitching and embellishing collection helps you perfect projects by adding a touch of personality. Once you peruse this collection, you’ll absolutely want to Start Stitching as soon as possible!
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- A Quilter's Ark
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners