Emma Tote Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Whether you are just learning how to sew or want a quick and effortless pattern, buying a pattern kit can be smooth sailing. With a pattern kit, everything is ready and measured out for you. Picking out your own fabric can be thrilling, but it can also be overwhelming. This is why many sewists enjoy having everything wrapped up and ready to go for some projects. The Emma Tote Kit is one of those pattern kits that combines the ease of a kit with great style. Equipped with everything you will need besides the sewing machine and thread, this tote is a breeze to make.
We made the Emma Tote in our own sewing room here at AllFreeSewing and it took the editors just under a few hours from start to finish. It would take a very experienced sewist much less time to create. The instructions were easy-to-follow and the materials were easy to work with. If you have experience making tote bags, this one will be a simple, few step process. If this is one of your first sewing endeavors, it will take you a bit longer. That being said, this would be a great start if you are looking to learn.
One thing that we did have difficulty with when making this pattern was the paper. Unlike many other store-bought patterns, this one was made of a much thicker paper, which made it harder to manipulate while pinning and cutting. Ultimately, however, this was not too much of a con as the pattern pieces were very simple and did not require much work to cut out.
In the end, the Emma Tote Kit from Bonjour Teaspoon was easy to make and a great way to enjoy an afternoon. The pattern is easy enough for a beginner to try out and honestly cute enough that an experienced sewist will enjoy it. If you do not want to purchase the whole kit, the pattern is available, as well. This is a cheaper option for those who like a bit more control over what their projects look like.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextSewing Pretty Little Accessories
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks Volume 2
- Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Vintage Notions
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
- Girls Style Book
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- How To Make A Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners