This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Add A Faux Button Placket To A Skirt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"To make your skirts special and unique, learn how to add a faux button placket to any skirt pattern! It’s only decorative so the placket will never pop open! I usually stick to neutrals for my closet, but this skirt is bringing me all sorts of happiness and sunshine right now. I used one of my free skirt patterns to make this skirt, but I added a faux button placket for an extra special detail. The faux button placket adds such a fun look to the front of the skirt, but it’s not as hard to sew as a real button placket and it will never accidentally pop open when you move and sit."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextSimple 15 Minute Skirt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- Diy Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes
- Free Fleece Hat Pattern
- Mini Felt Christmas Stocking Garland
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners