This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Easy Pocket Potholder
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
From the blogger: "These easy pocket potholders are a great project because they are a quick sew, they are easy to make, and they are inexpensive to make. Even beginners can take on this little project. All you need is some woven cotton fabric in a print or prints that you like and some insulated batting. You can even use woven cotton fabric scraps that you have leftover from other projects. This tutorial shows you step by step with pictures how to make some great potholders with a pocket for your hand."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextSummer Citrus DIY Coasters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 21, 2017
Pocket potholders are the best for allowing hands to safely hold onto hot pot lids or for removing bakeware or casserole dishes out of a hot oven. These potholders are quick to sew and make for great kitchenware gift ideas when paired with new wooden spoons and a recipe or two.
Mar 01, 2017
Nice project and this potholder can do double or even triple duty as a coaster or trivet to set hot dishes out in the table, or in a pinch, you could use it to bake potatoes in the microwave, or even as a pottery crock liner to keep utensils from clanging or chipping the inside! Take it a step further, and embroider a name or special word on it for a gift or for fun! Great project!
Feb 28, 2017
Fun and cute project to share with my niece who just started sewing. Heck, it's an easy project for me as I am a beginner, too. And, I happen to need some pot holders. I love that I can make my own and match the fabrics to the decor of my own kitchen. Love that about any sewing project, really-so customizable and personable. These would make really nice gifts for newlyweds or even novice little cooks-just fill them with some utensils and you're all set for a fun and easy gift. Thanks for sharing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Plastic Bag Dispensers
Stop shoving all those plastic bags into the cupboard or under the sink! These Plastic Bag Dispensers will solve all your storage… Continue reading: "Plastic Bag Dispensers"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners