Owl-Hotpads "Henry and Hobbes"
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Henry and Hobbes are the heroes of the heat. They have the license to help. You can make them easily from scraps, linen or any fabric you want. Make some for your friends and family. Every home needs an owl."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scraps or fabric of your choice
- Little piece of felt
- Double-sided fusible
- Matching thread
Cut out all shapes, transfer the marks on the pattern.
For one owl you'll need: 1 front piece, 1 back piece, 2 eyes (with double-sided on the LSF), 2 buttons for the eyes, 2 wings, 1 layer insulated batting, 1 layer regular batting
Attach bias on the upper edge of the wings and sew them in place.
Cut out the eyes and iron them in place. Sew around the edge of the eyes with a small zig-zag.
Make a quilt sandwich, you can use adhesive spray or pin the layers. Since this is a small project, both will be fine.
Make a hanging tag from 10 cm bias binding, sew along the open side, form a loop and place it on the mark between the ears (backside).
Sew the binding into place.
Attach the buttons for the pupils.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Summer Citrus DIY Coasters
Watermelon DIY Potholder Tutorial
How to Make Potholders
Easy Placemat Tutorial
Easy Potholders for Children
53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
Reversible Placemat Sewing Pattern
Patchwork DIY Potholder Pattern
Casserole and Pie Carrier
Made for Grandma Pot Holders
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- One Yard Wonders: 26+ One Yard Fabric Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners