Owl-Hotpads "Henry and Hobbes"
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Henry and Hobbes are the heroes of the heat. They have the license to help. You can make them easily from scraps, linen or any fabric you want. Make some for your friends and family. Every home needs an owl."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scraps or fabric of your choice
- Little piece of felt
- Double-sided fusible
- Matching thread
Cut out all shapes, transfer the marks on the pattern.
For one owl you'll need: 1 front piece, 1 back piece, 2 eyes (with double-sided on the LSF), 2 buttons for the eyes, 2 wings, 1 layer insulated batting, 1 layer regular batting
Attach bias on the upper edge of the wings and sew them in place.
Cut out the eyes and iron them in place. Sew around the edge of the eyes with a small zig-zag.
Make a quilt sandwich, you can use adhesive spray or pin the layers. Since this is a small project, both will be fine.
Make a hanging tag from 10 cm bias binding, sew along the open side, form a loop and place it on the mark between the ears (backside).
Sew the binding into place.
Attach the buttons for the pupils.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
For anyone that's fed up with the kitchen towels always ending up on the floor, the Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial will show you how… Continue reading: "Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 21 Diaper Bag Patterns (+ DIY Changing Pad Ideas)
- Marcia Baraldi
- Sundress for Women
- Men's Shirt Refashion into Overall Dress
- Lego Block Pillows (Free PDF Pattern!)
- Quick and Easy Striped Quilt
- Tips for Sewing Soft Toys for Kids and Relatives
- Yoga Shorts Pattern For Women
- Blueberry Pincushion
- How To Make An Adjustable Strap For Any Bag
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners