Tonttu, The Finnish Elfish Gnome
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Tonttu is a small creature from Finnish mythology. He lives in and protects the home. It is very important to treat him will respect otherwise he may become mischievous. Occasionally he can be found in the forest. Perhaps he has been treated poorly and is looking for a new home to look after – maybe yours! Some cultures may call him a gnome or tomte. I just call this elf-like creature cute. This tonttu is easy and quick to make. His spirit is ready to inhabit your home."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress will make you look and feel so feminine and chic. This dress was inspired by a similar one from… Continue reading: "Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress"
- 11 Holiday Placemat Patterns to Sew
- Embroidered Snowflake Pincushion
- 11 Homemade Gifts For Any Occasion
- Reversible Holiday Table Runner for Halloween and Thanksgiving
- Washcloth Easter Bunny Ornaments
- DIY Mother's Day Tablecloth
- 30 Free Sewing Patterns for Women: Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- Embroidered Pennant Ornament
- Kid Painted Fabric Tray for Mother's Day
- How to Sew a Gift for Any Occasion: 12 Easy Do-It-Yourself Gift Ideas Free eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Mason Jar Pincushion
- DIY Circle Swimsuit Cover Up
- Adorable Bakery Embroidery Pattern
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- 16 Face Coverings to Sew
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- Colorful Washable Rug DIY
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners