- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
American Girl Crafts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
American Girl Crafts
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
It doesn't get more classic than American Girl, the brand that encourages girls to be authentic, adventurous and brave. Now, girls can express themselves with Simplicity's new line of American Girl Crafts. Not only are these crafts branded with the same friendly, empowering American Girl attitude we know and love, but they give girls the opportunity to learn new skills like sewing, paper crafts and more. These handmade projects are feminine, fun and fierce!
These adorable craft kits by Simplicity are created for children aged 8 and up. These projects all allow for personalization and self-expression. While many kids could do these projects with little guidance, there are opportunities to make it a fun team effort!
Create & Craft Jewelry Keeper: Are (plastic) diamonds your little girl's best friend? Empower her to get organized while showing off her personal flair with this DIY jewelry organizer kit. This organizer is made with cardstock, foam, adhesive and stickers. Colorful and bright, it would add some cheer to any child's bedroom. In only three easy steps, your child can assemble and decorate the 12 drawers and backing. There are even labels where she can write in her own ways of organizing. This kit inspires creativity and organizational skills, and teaches that crafting can be pretty useful.
Fun Fabric Bag: Give your child experience with hand-stitching with the Fun Fabric Bag kit. While the bag itself is ready to go, your child can mix and match shapes to design unique flower patterns. Then, she can use needle and thread for an easy handstitching experience. This is a great project for sewing beginners, girls' clubs and more! Adult help is recommended here as there are needles and scissors involved, so it makes a fun, educational project to work on together. Plus, in American Girl style, the instructions include fun fashion tips and ideas for even more creativity.
Paper Posies Pad: Here's a craft paper pad that's perfect for kids who like to make homemade cards, paper decorations and more. The Paper Posies Pad includes easy punch-out flowers for 231 paper posies. It also includes adhesive dots, so no need for messy glue. The flowers can be used to decorate just about anything, including school supplies, homemade cards, personal items and more. There's an idea booklet to keep your child occupied with new ways to use these paper flowers. It's a mess-free craft that can be used on more than one occasion.
The best thing about American Girl Crafts is the encouraging, inspiring tone throughout. Give your child an upbeat learning experience that teaches them basic craft skills with American Girl Crafts by Simplicity.
Read NextFairfield Foamology® Tuffet Kit
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 13, 2017
I have not seen these American Girl crafts yet but what a great way to make craft day easy. My grand daughter loves making things and sometimes I do not have all supplies on hand when she wants to do something when she come over so this kit will be great. Also I can see they have kits to make different things which does not limit to one craft. Are there more than these kits posted and how often are new ones added? This is a great idea. Thanks.
sandrabeeman2 5008 998
Jul 10, 2017
The perfect way to make a young girl very, very happy and busy, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
- Chance to win the Fairfield Foamology Tuffet Kit!
- Win the Everything Mary Quilted Sewing Organizer!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Chance to win the Sumatra Batik Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win a Comet Hobby Sewing Center Table!
- Chance to win the Ann's Arbor Fabric Collection!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners