American Girl Crafts
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
American Girl Crafts
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
It doesn't get more classic than American Girl, the brand that encourages girls to be authentic, adventurous and brave. Now, girls can express themselves with Simplicity's new line of American Girl Crafts. Not only are these crafts branded with the same friendly, empowering American Girl attitude we know and love, but they give girls the opportunity to learn new skills like sewing, paper crafts and more. These handmade projects are feminine, fun and fierce!
These adorable craft kits by Simplicity are created for children aged 8 and up. These projects all allow for personalization and self-expression. While many kids could do these projects with little guidance, there are opportunities to make it a fun team effort!
Create & Craft Jewelry Keeper: Are (plastic) diamonds your little girl's best friend? Empower her to get organized while showing off her personal flair with this DIY jewelry organizer kit. This organizer is made with cardstock, foam, adhesive and stickers. Colorful and bright, it would add some cheer to any child's bedroom. In only three easy steps, your child can assemble and decorate the 12 drawers and backing. There are even labels where she can write in her own ways of organizing. This kit inspires creativity and organizational skills, and teaches that crafting can be pretty useful.
Fun Fabric Bag: Give your child experience with hand-stitching with the Fun Fabric Bag kit. While the bag itself is ready to go, your child can mix and match shapes to design unique flower patterns. Then, she can use needle and thread for an easy handstitching experience. This is a great project for sewing beginners, girls' clubs and more! Adult help is recommended here as there are needles and scissors involved, so it makes a fun, educational project to work on together. Plus, in American Girl style, the instructions include fun fashion tips and ideas for even more creativity.
Paper Posies Pad: Here's a craft paper pad that's perfect for kids who like to make homemade cards, paper decorations and more. The Paper Posies Pad includes easy punch-out flowers for 231 paper posies. It also includes adhesive dots, so no need for messy glue. The flowers can be used to decorate just about anything, including school supplies, homemade cards, personal items and more. There's an idea booklet to keep your child occupied with new ways to use these paper flowers. It's a mess-free craft that can be used on more than one occasion.
The best thing about American Girl Crafts is the encouraging, inspiring tone throughout. Give your child an upbeat learning experience that teaches them basic craft skills with American Girl Crafts by Simplicity.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- BERNINA 215 Simply Red Sewing Machine
- Reversible T-Shirt Scarf Kit
- Cecilia Jorcin Clothing Patterns
- Simplicity Deluxe Sidewinder
- Everything Mary Rolling Sewing Tote
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
- Polyfil Premium Fiber Fill
- Fairfield Pillow Inserts
- CharmedLiebling Bag Patterns
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pencil Case with Lining
- Mini Infinity Scarf
- Science Lovers Periodic Table of the Elements Quilt
- Best of National Sewing Month 2017
- Fashionable Travel Bag
- Small Backpack Pattern for Small Budgets
- Farm Girl Recycled Jeans Apron
- Refashion Shorts into a Skirt
- When You Wish....Baby Mat
- Make a Hexagon Storage Pouch
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners