Billie Jean Denim Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Billie Jean Denim Yarn Review
Gifted by: Wool and the Gang
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Merge two of your favorite crafts together with one fabulous material: Billie Jean Denim Yarn. This fabulous product brought to you by Wool and the Gang is a yarn made from 100% upcycled denim. Sewing and knitting have never come together so beautifully!
From the company: "Billie Jean Yarn is made using upcycled pre-consumer denim waste. This waste is ground back into fibre and woven into our new Billie Jean Yarn. Using no chemicals and no dyes, we manage to save 20,000 litres of water per kilogram of upcycled material."
This yarn is my favorite new yarn for sewists. After you've sewn a new denim skirt, add a crocheted hem with Billie Jean Denim Yarn. Knit a small clutch to match your new jean jacket, or weave a cozy denim shawl for a one-of-a-kind accessory. Have you ever thought to make a scarf from denim? Usually, a sewist wouldn't attempt because the material would be too stiff on its own. Using Billie Jean Yarn, you can work up a stunning denim scarf without the stiffness of a typical jean sewing project!
This yarn works up very well into tops and sweaters. A beautiful denim sweater would go well with a cozy cotton skirt. The possibilities are endless! Don't miss the chance to experiment with making a project that wouldn't normally feature denim, because this yarn really does open up the spectrum of projects you can make.
If you're a knitter, this yarn is best used with US8/5mm knitting needles. For crochet, try a 5.5-6.5mm range. The yarn pictured is the raw denim color (100% denim). Billie Jean Yarn also comes in Dirty Denim, a 60% denim, 40% cotton blend with a nice variegated effect. Consider embroidering with the yarn on a denim project for a nice textured effect, or make a nice accessory like a bracelet to complement another denim project. I'll say it again and again: the possibilities are endless!
For a fabulous new way to dress up a favorite sewing project, consider adding details with the Billie Jean Yarn by Wool and the Gang.
Have you ever added knit or crocheted elements to one of your sewing projects? What did you make?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to Win the UpCart City!
Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
Chance to win the Fusion Illusion Fabric Collection!
Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
Chance to win a Cricut Maker and more!
Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
Win Christmas in July Stocking Patterns!
Chance to win Bountiful Fat Quarter Bundle!
Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
Chance to win the Impression Textures Fabric Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kids Upcycled Dish Towel Apron
- Fun and Flouncy Ruffle Skirt Pattern
- Splashy Flamingo Felt Pillow
- Sewing for Beginners: Tips for Pressing Fabric
- Simple Lace Tote Bag Pattern
- Free Handbag Pattern With Hoop Handles
- Citrus Slice Purse Sewing Pattern
- 3-In-1 DIY Bathing Suit
- Caftan Inspired DIY Beach Cover-Up
- Waterproof Quilted Picnic Blanket
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners