Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker
Gifted by: Clover
Reviewed by: Madison Bowes, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Flowers are simple, beautiful, and the perfect sprinkle of decoration, and Clover's Kanzashi Flower Makers make creating fabric flowers easy. Kanzashi, a Japanese art form for creating fabric flowers intended for use as hair decorations, is simplified with these plastic tools. Creating quality flower decorations for headbands, hats, belts, elastics, and more will be your new favorite craft, and your friends and daughters will be grateful that you've picked these up!
In a variety of patterns ranging from 1 1/2" to 2", these flowers are incredibly versatile and you will be finding uses for them everywhere. The plastic flower making plates are designed simply, so you need only set your fabric into them, cut it, and sew; afterwards, feel free to add pretty buttons or beads to the centers of your flowers to make them unique to your taste. I like adding flower beads, or a contrasting color to the middle to make it pop even more. The only materials you need, aside from the maker itself, are a pair of scissors, a sewing needle, thread, and your favorite fabric.
While these flowers look beautiful everywhere, I loved using mine for scrapbooking. With so many fabric options, I am able to tailor the flowers to the events and seasons of my pages, and made an especially beautiful page about a friend's wedding with flowers made from her wedding colors. However, I found that when I wanted to use ribbon from her gift bags for the flowers, I had a much harder time than when I switched back to using fabric.
These flower makers have endless crafting possibilities, try out one of our free sewing tutorials for a wreath, candle holder, and photo frame using these pretty fabric flowers.
Read NextLadies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
- Win a Clover Wedge Iron!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- Chance to win a Crayola Fabric Bundle!
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners