Cottage Mills Stay-in-Place Mat
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Cottage Mills Stay-in-Place Mat
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Sewing up some of your favorite things might not be your favorite thing to do if you don't have the proper tools. Fussy cutting your fabric isn't easy without the best rotary cutter, making the proper seams isn't as easy without a good sewing machine and without a good sewing machine you're simply stuck. To help your sewing machine and serger function properly, and to help your mind remain clear, the Cottage Mills Stay-In-Place Serger Mat is a great accessory to have.
The Stay-In-Place Mat is 1/4 inches thick and doesn't take up a lot of space; this is perfect for keeping the vibrations of the machine calm and it'll help quiet the noise. A mat like this is made to keep your serger machine from moving while protecting the surface underneath. With such a design, you should be able to sew up your next project flawlessly. The mat feels like a dense, flexible rubber and weighs more than it looks like it would, but because of the heavily textured top your serger won't slip or slide.
What might surprise you about this mat is that you can stick pins in it like a pin cushion. Instead of wearing a pin cushion "bracelet" around your wrist, you can use the mat for easy access and quick reach. Being able to remove pins as you sew and stick them into the mat will speed things up. If you want to sew a little quicker and quieter then this Stay-In-Place Mat is a must-have.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win a pair of Westcott CarboTitanium Bonded Scissors!
Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
Win an UpCart!
Chance to win Bountiful Fat Quarter Bundle!
Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
2014 Quilt Calendar
Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
Sewing Room Storage: 11 Craft Storage Ideas
Win the Everything Mary Quilted Sewing Organizer!
Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Hexagon Patchwork Sweater Blanket
- Ninja Applique DIY Throw Pillow
- Little Explorer Boys’ Pants Pattern
- Mix and Match Circle Quilt Pattern
- Scarf to Blanket Convertible Clothing Pattern
- Intersecting Stripes Throw Pillow Pattern
- Reversible Book Bag Pattern
- Free 4th of July Skirt Pattern and Tutorial
- Simple DIY Wide Leg Palazzo Pants From Scratch
- How to Sew An Easy DIY Summer Crop Top
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners