Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Emma Tote Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Emma Tote Kit
Gifted by: Bonjour Teaspoon
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
Whether you are just learning how to sew or want a quick and effortless pattern, buying a pattern kit can be smooth sailing. With a pattern kit, everything is ready and measured out for you. Picking out your own fabric can be thrilling, but it can also be overwhelming. This is why many sewists enjoy having everything wrapped up and ready to go for some projects. The Emma Tote Kit is one of those pattern kits that combines the ease of a kit with great style. Equipped with everything you will need besides the sewing machine and thread, this tote is a breeze to make.
We made the Emma Tote in our own sewing room here at AllFreeSewing and it took the editors just under a few hours from start to finish. It would take a very experienced sewist much less time to create. The instructions were easy-to-follow and the materials were easy to work with. If you have experience making tote bags, this one will be a simple, few step process. If this is one of your first sewing endeavors, it will take you a bit longer. That being said, this would be a great start if you are looking to learn.
One thing that we did have difficulty with when making this pattern was the paper. Unlike many other store-bought patterns, this one was made of a much thicker paper, which made it harder to manipulate while pinning and cutting. Ultimately, however, this was not too much of a con as the pattern pieces were very simple and did not require much work to cut out.
In the end, the Emma Tote Kit from Bonjour Teaspoon was easy to make and a great way to enjoy an afternoon. The pattern is easy enough for a beginner to try out and honestly cute enough that an experienced sewist will enjoy it. If you do not want to purchase the whole kit, the pattern is available, as well. This is a cheaper option for those who like a bit more control over what their projects look like.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 21, 2017
This pattern review interests me as I am always on the lookout for new projects done with faster and easier techniques! After years of struggling with the tissue paper patterns that can get really abused if used over many years....and I have some with lots of tape....the thicker pattern paper might be an advantage if used over and over. I have actually used grocery bags or butcher freezer paper to make patterns! I have a cardboard pattern for holiday stockings for veterans! Thanks for a great review on what looks to be a great kit! I,love making totes because they make great and appreciated gifts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
DIY Bath Mat
Give you bathroom a touch of the homemade when you create this easy and practical DIY Bath Mat. This piece of DIY home decor is… Continue reading: "DIY Bath Mat"
- Chance to win the Jackson's Woodworks Handmade Wooden Tools!
- Sulky Wilderness Wonder Applique Kit
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- Enter the Downton Abbey Fabric Collection Giveaway!
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Emma Tote Kit
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners