Emma Tote Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Whether you are just learning how to sew or want a quick and effortless pattern, buying a pattern kit can be smooth sailing. With a pattern kit, everything is ready and measured out for you. Picking out your own fabric can be thrilling, but it can also be overwhelming. This is why many sewists enjoy having everything wrapped up and ready to go for some projects. The Emma Tote Kit is one of those pattern kits that combines the ease of a kit with great style. Equipped with everything you will need besides the sewing machine and thread, this tote is a breeze to make.
We made the Emma Tote in our own sewing room here at AllFreeSewing and it took the editors just under a few hours from start to finish. It would take a very experienced sewist much less time to create. The instructions were easy-to-follow and the materials were easy to work with. If you have experience making tote bags, this one will be a simple, few step process. If this is one of your first sewing endeavors, it will take you a bit longer. That being said, this would be a great start if you are looking to learn.
One thing that we did have difficulty with when making this pattern was the paper. Unlike many other store-bought patterns, this one was made of a much thicker paper, which made it harder to manipulate while pinning and cutting. Ultimately, however, this was not too much of a con as the pattern pieces were very simple and did not require much work to cut out.
In the end, the Emma Tote Kit from Bonjour Teaspoon was easy to make and a great way to enjoy an afternoon. The pattern is easy enough for a beginner to try out and honestly cute enough that an experienced sewist will enjoy it. If you do not want to purchase the whole kit, the pattern is available, as well. This is a cheaper option for those who like a bit more control over what their projects look like.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Floriani Total Control U Software System
- Chance to win a Starlet Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win the Jackson's Woodworks Handmade Wooden Tools!
- Chance to win the Riley Blake CAT Construction Buildin' Crew Fabric Collection!
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- 2014 At Home with Country Quilts Calendar
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Mini Christmas Gnome Stocking Tutorial
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners