Flock Together Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Birds of a feather flock together! This charming new Flock Together Fabric Collection from FreeSpirit Fabric includes darling designs for your next quilt, tote, dress, or any sewing project you'd like! FreeSpirit Fabrics does specialize in quilting fabrics, and quilters will not be disappointed by the quality of this fabric as well as the designs found in this beautiful collection.
Designer Kathy Doughty has worked in the quilting industry for over twelve years and has drawn on her experience to design a collection that meets the needs of both modern and traditional quilting enthusiasts. Eighteen prints are included in this beautiful collection, and the prints are divided into three colorways: Pretty, Traditional, and Contemporary. However, as you can see by the photo on the left, these prints can all work together beautifully regardless of colorway!
One of the featured prints in this collection includes birds perched on swirling branches, creating a charming repeated pattern that engages the eye! This print easily can stand alone for a project or coordinate with the other beautiful prints in this collection. The paisley flowers print is another favorite of mine, particularly with the orange background. This print simply invites quilters and sewists to individually fussy cut the flowers for applique! These flowers along with some of the other floral prints in this collection serve as great background prints as well for quilting or sewing patterns.
The fabrics in this collection with columns of coordinating prints called Decorative Stripe are a real treat. You can cut these strips into jelly roll strips and use them within your project for lovely bordering opportunities.
I just love the way paisley is worked into the floral prints in this collection to create a vintage flair! There are so many patterns within patterns in the prints. When you look closely at the birds, you'll see their features are filled in with polka dots and zig zag lines! Many of the flowers have star prints in the centers, and the paisley flowers have polka dot prints within, too. A person could stare at this fabric for hours, let alone the quilt made with the pretty prints!
For a charming take on both traditional and modern quilting, use the fabrics in the Flock Together Fabric Collection. No matter which colorwork you choose, your quilt is sure to apply to enthusiasts of the classic and contemporary.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learning how to sew a table runner isn't what's stopping you from making one. In fact, you've been eager to try this project for some… Continue reading: "Infinite Options Reversible Table Runner"
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Win a Two-Tray Box from Creative Options!
- Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine
- Chance to win the Rosewood Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win the Riley Blake CAT Construction Buildin' Crew Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a SINGER-QuiltPro Sewing Basket Kit!
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- Imposter Plush To Sew For Your Gamer Kid
- Kids Farmhouse Apron Sewing Tutorial
- Barbie Tulle Dress Tutorial
- Diy Hobbyhorse/ Stick Horse
- Come Together Purse Lining & Mini Bags
- How To Sew A Zipper Pouch
- Basket Quilt Block
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners