Handmade Wooden Point Presser
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Wooden Point Presser
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Tailor's Board, a Ham Holder, Tailor's Clappers and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks, but what I'm intrigued about is the Point Presser.
The Point Presser is a beautiful piece of unfinished wood that every sewer needs to have in their collection. With a valuable tool like this you may never want to use an iron again. The top narrow surface of the point presser side acts like an ironing board; with this you can press difficult seams that are tough to reach, as well as enclosed corners on cuffs, collars and lapels. The bottom clapper side applies pressure to set permanent creases for crisp edges. When I was younger and had that crisp crease down the middle of my pant leg I didn't understand why it had to be there, but being older now and having this tool is pure perfection. The Point Press also flattens bulky seams so you will always look your finest.
Just by looking at the Point Presser you might not understand quite how it works, but it is fascinating. All you need to do is apply steam to the area you want to flatten or make crisp, press on the clapper and apply as much pressure as you can. You'll want to hold your position until the fabric and wood have both cooled and voila.
The Point Presser itself may vary in color depending on the variations of the wood being used, but that's what makes this product so unique; no two will be exactly the same. This truly is something every sewer needs and you'll be amazed every time.
Read NextSew Organized Project Bag
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Create a breezy, boho chic cardigan that's sure to be your wardrobe essential for spring and summer with this sewing tutorial. With… Continue reading: "Simple Kimono Cardigan Tutorial"
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Win Mod Basics 3 Wink Fabric Collection!
- Enter for your chance to win Hand Dyed Sky Fabric!
- Chance to win Ankara and Lace Zara Fabric!
- 2014 Quilt Calendar
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best of National Sewing Month 2021
- Easy Sew Shirt Extender
- How To Sew Your Own Padded Fabric Bag Handles
- Diy 4th Of July Pillow
- Diy Bias Tape Tutorial
- Machine Embroidered Stamped Mini Tote Bag
- Diy Sunglasses Case
- Difference Between Textile and Fabric and Cloth
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners