Hello, Ollie Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Hello, Ollie Fabric Collection
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Say hello to Ollie! The latest fabric line from Art Gallery Fabrics features the most darling and eclectic prints. Hello, Ollie will inspire you across a variety of projects, from little girls' dresses to flowy boho blouses and everything in between!
Hello, Ollie features 10 unique prints in two colorways each for a complete collection of 20 designs. Designer Bonnie Christine named this collection for her daughter Ollie, and the sweet fabrics just evoke images of little toddlers playing in tall meadow grasses near the pond.
I can't get over how versatile the prints are in this collection; it really has it all! Seeing the prints and knowing the collection is named for a baby girl, I think first of baby clothes and toddler dresses. The shades of pink and green primarily used conjure feelings of the feminine and even the young. The collection features prints with modern twists. A few geometric patterns weave their way into this collection among all of the floral and swan prints. One print, Winnow Frock, includes flowers encased in triangles. Another print, Village Tundra, features geometric shapes, hatching, and the smallest bit of stippling.
Many of the beautiful prints feature florals. Birds and butterflies gather around various flowers for a beautiful meadowy feel. The swans are my favorite. I always loved The Swan Princess as a kid, and any reminder of this lovely story makes me so happy.
One eclectic print is called meadow dreams, and it features little cartoon eyes that are open, closed, and winking. This print would make a fantastic boho blouse. I could imagine seeing this print somewhere in Forever 21.
So many of these patterns work fabulously well on their own, but a quilt would come together just beautifully with the coordinating fabrics in this collection. For a quilt reminiscent of spring meadows and ponds, the Hello, Ollie line is absolutely perfect.
What images remind you of spring?
Read NextYoki the Fat Dragon Kit
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Chance to Win a NASA Fabric Fat Quarter!
- Chance to win the Velocity 200IR Home Iron!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Sadie Fur Throw Cuddle Kit
- Enter to Win a Simpli-EZ Squares and Rule Set!
- Win BOLT by Girl Charlee Knit Fabrics!
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Sew Your Own Padded Fabric Bag Handles
- Diy 4th Of July Pillow
- Diy Bias Tape Tutorial
- Machine Embroidered Stamped Mini Tote Bag
- Diy Sunglasses Case
- Difference Between Textile and Fabric and Cloth
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Raglan Sleeve Blouse Free Sewing Pattern
- Ruffled Zipper Tote
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners