Jackson's Woodworks Non-Slip Ruler
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Jackson's Woodworks Non-Slip Ruler
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. One of their latest products is the Quilting and Sewing Non-Slip Ruler with Handle; this is the perfect tool to give any project that professional look.
This Non-Slip Ruler is great for strip-cutting and squaring up, and measures a quarter of an inch thick to give you security when using cutting tools and rotary cutters. The ruler itself has markings at 1-inch, 1/2-inch, 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch along with angle markers so you can get the perfect cut.
What's so great about this ruler is not only the measurements itself, but the handle on top of the ruler is what allows the fabric to stand still. It is made of solid oak and is 2 inches tall allowing you to apply minimal pressure. The handle is proportioned almost the whole length of the ruler allowing the pressure to distribute evenly when trying to cut your fabric; this provides a nice safety feature so your hands can stand clear of any blade. The ruler measures 24x6 inches, so you can get an accurate cut on your strips, blocks and squares.
No sewer or quilter should be left without this must-have tool. I really enjoy the long length so you can get a good, long cut without having to move the ruler too many times if you're working on larger pieces. With a bit of pressure, you can have all your fabric cut and ready to quilt in no time.
Read NextChirimen DIY Kits
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern is one of those easy sewing projects you do not want to miss. Use a single fat quarter to learn how… Continue reading: "Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern"
- Chance to win a Chirimen DIY Kit!
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- La Petite Mercerie Fabric
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine
- Chance to Win the UpCart City!
- Chance to win a Jackson's Woodworks Non-Slip Ruler!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners