We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Ham Holder, Tailor's Boards and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks. Each of their products is just as intriguing as the next and the Tailor's Clapper is no exception.
Pressing is important if you want your items to look crisp, so the Tailor's Clapper is a must for all sewers who not only sew, but iron as well. These Clappers are used to press seams without having them burn; they are used with the steam from your iron. All you have to do is press the area with the Clapper and hold it for a few seconds and voila! You will instantly have a crisp seam that will leave you looking flawless.
Tailor's Clappers come in small, medium and large sizes, so you can have the most accuracy depending on your garment size. Each weighs only about 12 ounces and is handmade from Oak. What I really like about this being handmade is that each may be slightly different from the other; depending on the variations of the color in the wood, some may be lighter or darker, so no two will be exactly the same.
You'll notice that both sides have routed grooves for easy handling and is unfinished to absorb the steam better. I'm telling you, this product is a must-have in every home. This tool will make such a difference in your sewing projects.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Chance to win a Comet Hobby Sewing Center Table!
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- 2014 At Home with Country Quilts Calendar
- Chance to win the Jackson's Woodworks Handmade Wooden Tools!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Floriani Total Control U Software System
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners