Chirimen DIY Kits
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Chirimen DIY Kits
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
When you choose to create with Japanese Creations, you'll be making traditional Japanese crafts with one authentic source. Why not explore and learn about a new world through what you love doing best - crafting? Japanese Creations introduces you and shares their culture and heritage as an inspiration for your arts and crafts and with the DIY Chirimen kits you're sure to get a taste of that culture.
Not sure what Chirimen is? Let's start with the basics. It's the name for fabric with crimps on the surface that transforms mere scraps into hand-sewn, adorable projects like pouches and ornaments. Within each of the kits you'll receive a variety of authentic materials sourced directly from Japan and all the required tools you'll need to craft your latest project. Their DIY kits are hand-sewn, cherished and made of Kimono fabrics, which are actually really neat to work with; you can really feel the silky texture.
The Chirimen Drawstring Bag DIY Kit is a great kit to get you started in this craft. You'll receive a beautiful printed fabric along with one solid colored lining fabric, two printed fabric squares, two drawstrings, one sewing thread, one hand sewing needle, four ball point pins and one bodkin; it's everything you need for the perfect bag. As the fabrics are only about 19" by 7" the bag is a great size to hold smaller items or to fill with goodies and give as a gift. The drawstring closure can be tied and untied as many times as needed, so you can constantly be changing the inside contents.
The Chirimen Kits are great exposure into the Japanese creation and culture and are perfect for beginners to dive into.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Floriani Total Control U Software System
- Chance to win a Starlet Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win the Jackson's Woodworks Handmade Wooden Tools!
- Chance to win the Riley Blake CAT Construction Buildin' Crew Fabric Collection!
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- 2014 At Home with Country Quilts Calendar
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners