Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
Gifted by: Sense and Sensibility
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
The style of the 1950s was all soft colors and lovely skirts. It is easy to see why fads from this time just keep coming back. The style is so elegant and feminine. It is impossible not to feel beautiful when sporting a skirt that accentuates your curves in a classic and chic way. If you are looking to bulk up on your vintage style, patterns from Sense & Sensibility are your best bet. Not only are the designs lovely, the patterns are easy to follow and complete. Looking at the photo of the Ladies’ 1958 Party Dress Pattern to the left might leave you feeling a bit intimidated. It looks like a professional and tough piece, only to be tackled by an experienced sewing master. Lucky for you, our friends over at Sense & Sensibility have managed to create a pattern that looks like it was created by an expert for beginners.
The directions provided to create this dress are detailed, thorough, and easy-to-follow. While the pattern will take you a while to create, it will not leave you endlessly frustrated like many store-bought patterns from big box stores. The instruction booklet takes you on a step-by-step journey of sewing and style. You will not be disappointed with the final result. This pattern is an excellent first big project for a new sewist. You will learn a set of brand new skills and exit the process with a brilliant, beautiful dress.
Look like Grace Kelly and sew like a professional when you explore the Ladies’ 1958 Party Dress Pattern from Sense & Sensibility. This pattern comes with everything you need to create this lovely dress as well as plenty of subsequent information on the always active Sense & Sensibility website. With everything there to help you have a successful sewing experience, it is hard to say no to such a fabulous project!
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextChirimen DIY Kits
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win a Chirimen DIY Kit!
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- La Petite Mercerie Fabric
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine
- Chance to Win the UpCart City!
- Chance to win a Jackson's Woodworks Non-Slip Ruler!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners