Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
Gifted by: Sense and Sensibility
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
The style of the 1950s was all soft colors and lovely skirts. It is easy to see why fads from this time just keep coming back. The style is so elegant and feminine. It is impossible not to feel beautiful when sporting a skirt that accentuates your curves in a classic and chic way. If you are looking to bulk up on your vintage style, patterns from Sense & Sensibility are your best bet. Not only are the designs lovely, the patterns are easy to follow and complete. Looking at the photo of the Ladies’ 1958 Party Dress Pattern to the left might leave you feeling a bit intimidated. It looks like a professional and tough piece, only to be tackled by an experienced sewing master. Lucky for you, our friends over at Sense & Sensibility have managed to create a pattern that looks like it was created by an expert for beginners.
The directions provided to create this dress are detailed, thorough, and easy-to-follow. While the pattern will take you a while to create, it will not leave you endlessly frustrated like many store-bought patterns from big box stores. The instruction booklet takes you on a step-by-step journey of sewing and style. You will not be disappointed with the final result. This pattern is an excellent first big project for a new sewist. You will learn a set of brand new skills and exit the process with a brilliant, beautiful dress.
Look like Grace Kelly and sew like a professional when you explore the Ladies’ 1958 Party Dress Pattern from Sense & Sensibility. This pattern comes with everything you need to create this lovely dress as well as plenty of subsequent information on the always active Sense & Sensibility website. With everything there to help you have a successful sewing experience, it is hard to say no to such a fabulous project!
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 26, 2017
A dress from the year I was born and a very nice looking dress at that. I know this is a review so do you have to order the pattern through Sense and Sensibility or is it suppose to be posted on here. I would love to add this 1958 Party Dress to my collection. I can see it made out of all types of fabric from cotton to silk, from patterned to solid. Oh well maybe I will find it somewhere.
Oct 10, 2016
I think that I would have been super interested in whipping this dress up however just one thing missing...the main ingredient... the steak to my potato, the peanut butter to my jelly... THE PATTERN! I mean the intro was a mini thesis so where's the beef? Fix or get of the rotation Aka Or get off the You wasted 15 mins of my valuable doing nothing time! Ughhh hehe
nokaylalynn 264647 3
Aug 09, 2016
Why is this pattern that is now 2yrs old no longer available still listed on your site in various places as new and also for free?
Sep 08, 2016
Hi nokaylalynn, this is a review written by one of our previous site editors and is not a free pattern. This is why it states Reviewed by and Gifted by at the top of the page. Thanks!
Jul 05, 2015
Love this dress! Why is there no link to the actual pattern? I had to Google it and found the blog. Unfortunately the pattern is not free...bummer -
Jul 07, 2015
Hi sunnidlite! Thanks for your comment. This is actually a review for a pattern we gave away last year and not one of our patterns. Check out our reviews and giveaways every week for a chance to win patterns, fabric, books, supplies, and more!
nolafranzen 855129 9
Jul 03, 2015
would have been nice to actually get to this pattern...
Jul 07, 2015
Hi nolafranzen 855129 9! Thanks for your comment. This is actually a review for a pattern we gave away last year and not one of our patterns. Check out our reviews and giveaways every week for a chance to win patterns, fabric, books, supplies, and more!
Aug 17, 2015
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
- Chance to Win a Stash Fabrics Meadow Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to Win a Velocity 260IR Iron!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Storage Caddy and Sewing Tool Set!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Sulky Wilderness Wonder Applique Kit
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners