Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Whether you're ready to make your next quilt or whip up a new dress for your wardrobe, you're probably dreading the whole fabric cutting process. Cutting fabric can be quite difficult when you don't have the proper tools, and without the proper tools your fabric can slide all over the place causing uneven cuts. With the Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set you'll be able to avoid trying to resize sewn half-squares into perfect quilt block segments.
Slidelock is the company that created these fabulous tools that fix the slipping problem when cutting fabric. With the RESIZE-IT Templates you’ll be able to easily and safely make accurate cuts every time. Each template features a built-in handle and two visible diagonal alignment lines, so you don't need any additional measurement lines. Each template is sized to include a quarter-inch seam and lets you resize your triangle segments making your cutting experience easy.
Templates like these are non-skid and easy to hold with their attached safety handle. The transparent template makes it easy to see where your fabric is and where you're going to make the cut. You'll also like that quarter-inch thick feature making it safe when using your rotary cutter. There are online tutorials and instructions on how to use the templates, but they're quite simple to use, so you may not even need the videos.
Read NextGirl Scout Fabric Collection
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Chance to Win a Penny Rose Fabrics Hedge Rose Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to Win the UpCart City!
- Olive Blouse Review
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners