- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
Velocity Iron Series
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Velocity Iron Series
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
The Velocity Home Iron Series from Reliable Corporation is in a class of its own when it comes to delicate and perfected ironing. The series includes three models to suit your specific needs. The Velocity 260IR is the most advanced of the series and features the patented 2-heating element found in all the Velocity Irons.
There are some features that are standard in all the irons in this series, the two heating element is one of those. With the patented two heating elements design, the irons heat the water before touching the soleplate allowing continuous steam. Even if the iron is at a low temperature that steam will still flow, which is great because that means you can iron even the most delicate fabrics safely.
The smooth glide allows you to use these on all fabrics. I especially trust it with my most delicate fabrics. There is an 8-minute auto shut off in case you forget to turn it off when you're in a hurry, eliminating even more risk of damaging items. Another convenient feature on all the irons is the cord; it swivels at 360 degrees so you can maneuver quite easily.
The higher-end models include sensor touch handles and scratch-resistant, anodized aluminum soleplates. This eliminates the need to hold down any buttons, making your ironing even simpler.
The Velocity Series Irons are great for sewing and quilting purposes, as well. If you leave it on for hours because you are perfecting that quilt, you'll notice it will still produce steam and will never spit water. The Velocity Iron is a great investment that everyone should have on hand.
Read NextJune's Cottage Fabric Collection
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Letting Out Pants
If you've ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show… Continue reading: "Letting Out Pants"
- Chance to win June's Cottage Fabric Collection!
- Chance to Win a Velocity 260IR Iron!
- Chance to win the Velocity 200IR Home Iron!
- Chance to Win a Pair of Westcott Sewing Titanium Bonded Thread Snips!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners