We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Portability, ingenuity, and convenience all come together to create the SideWinder from Simplicity. This portable bobbin winder is perfect for all occasions. While it is the ideal size to travel with and bring to a sewing class, the little gizmo is reliable and quick enough to keep as your everyday bobbin winder. Expertly designed to be compact, the SideWinder would make a great gadget for a sewist who has limited space in his or her sewing and crafting room. Bigger doesn’t always mean better and this mean, little machine takes the cake when it comes to rewinding bobbins.
Just under six inches on its longest side, this bobbin winder can live in your travel sewing tote or is easily tucked into a drawer. The SideWinder operates on two AA batteries and comes equipped with an AC power cord and adapter, as well. This means you can keep it plugged in at home, cart it to a class, or keep it going while traveling with just a few batteries. Once you are finished winding your bobbin, this winder closes up tight making it space-efficent while keeping all of its moving parts safe and clean.
Winding bobbins is only a three step process with the SideWinder. All you have to do is put the thread onto the spindle, wind the thread to your chosen bobbin, and push the button to start. Afterwards, you can sit back and relax! It even comes with an automatic shut-off, taking all the work out of your hands. The SideWinder from Simplicity works with most bobbins, metal or plastic, and a tension knob on the project allows you to adjust the process for specific thread thicknesses.
Winding a brand new bobbin is as easy as pressing a button when you get your hands on the Simplicity SideWinder. This little gadget is compact, convenient, and user-friendly. Whether you are on the go or just looking to save space in your sewing room or home, this machine will do the trick.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextSew Organized Project Bag
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- La Petite Mercerie Fabric
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chance to win the Jackson's Woodworks Handmade Wooden Tools!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Golden Days Fat Quarter!
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Heart Keychain
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners