Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
The Quilt and Needle Torque Quilt Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
The Quilt and Needle Torque Quilt Kit
Gifted by: The Quilt and Needle
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
If you're looking for a new quilt to sew, then look no further! the Torque Kit from the Quilt and Needle is one of my new favorites, and I know you are going to like it, too! Originally released for a Mystery Quilt Weekend in September 2014, Torque is one of The Quilt and Needle's most popular patterns.
This design features an innovative twist on a traditional block quilt pattern. Simple sewing produces amazing results with this unique pattern that is popular for both modern and traditional quilters. The skill level for this stunning quilt is Intermediate.
This one-of-a-kind quilt was designed by Jessica Smith of the Quilt and Needle, and the fabric line that is featured is Marblehead by Ro Gregg for Paintbrush Studio. This design is available in a variety of sizes including Wall Hanging/Baby (40" x 40"), Lap and Throw/Crib (40" x 60"), Twin (60" x 80"), Full (80" x 90"), and King (100" x 100"). Jessica's full color graphics, easy to follow instructions, and awesome tips make this quilt pattern a must have.
PLUS: The Quilt and Needle also offers Mystery Quilt Weekends!
Their mystery quilts are original designs that incorporate a variety of techniques. They provide simple instructions and quilt "hacks" that will benefit both beginning and seasoned quilters. There are no 'Y' seams, curved piecing, or similarly challenging techniques in their standard Mystery Quilt Weekend package.
How it Works:
- The fabric requirements are emailed to you at least two weeks in advance.
- Cutting instructions are either emailed in advance or used as the first installment on Saturday morning depending on the pattern.
- Fabric kits (which include the pattern) are available for purchase from our online store.
- Of course, as with all The Quilt and Needle projects, you may choose to pull your fabrics from your stash or buy them from another source.
The first installment of piecing instructions will be emailed at or before 10:00am CST on Saturday morning, and the final installment will be emailed by 6:00pm CST on Sunday evening. You start the weekend with cut fabric, not knowing what you will make, and by the end of the weekend you will have a completed quilt top!
Read NextSumatra Batik Fabric Collection
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
- Chance to win the Sumatra Batik Fabric Collection!
- Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win Bountiful Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to win a Craft Filling Sampler!
- Olfa Folding Cutting Mat
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a Handmade Wooden Point Presser!
- Breast Cancer Research Oliso Ultra Precision Smart Iron
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners