Wanderlust Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Wanderlust Fabric Collection
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Wanderlust is the newest fabric line from Monaluna. Featuring eight prints of moody desert skies, horses grazing, wildflowers, and more, this collection sings of the Southwest and desert adventures.
Before I even begin writing the review of this gorgeous collection, I highly recommend reading the inspiration behind Wanderlust on the Monaluna blog. Monaluna's founder, Jennifer Moore, writes about the serendipitous events inspiring this collection, including but not limited to an impulse car purchase, cross country adventures, a time of transition, and of course, the serendipity of it all!
The collection primarily features deep blues and coral colors to emphasize that desert sky over rolling reddish hills. I love the offset of the Wild Horses pattern, which includes a pale green background with horses grazing and running. Sky is another beautiful print. Smudges of deep blue and pale blue along with smatterings of birds and red "sun spots" make for the softest, most peaceful print. The fluttering birds just remind me of a time of change and inspiration.
Prints like Diamond in the Rough, Dusk, Skipping Stones, and Sun Spots feature polka dots, triangles, and diamonds to offset the organic animal and floral prints. The collection includes four of these geometric patterns, and four organic. The color schemes allow certain prints to pair together just beautifully. I think the pale green of Wild Horses would pair beautifully with the light mauve of Diamond in the Rough. Sky would pair beautifully with Sun Spots or Skipping Stones. Make a bright pink garment for a little girl by pairing Wildflower with Skipping Stones. Last, a calming and soft pairing of Feather and Dusk would make a beautiful quilt for a boy's room, or a lovely garment or tote.
If you're in the mood for a Southwest flair for your next project, be sure to explore Wanderlust! This gorgeous collection and the story behind it make for a meaningful new project.
What is your favorite place you've traveled?
Read NextSew Organized Project Bag
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
With the Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket you'll never be in need of a baby shower gift again. Made from just two pieces of flannel… Continue reading: "Incredibly Quick DIY Taggie Blanket"
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- Win a copy of Modern Holidays + more!
- Chance to Win a PowerXL Cordless Steamer and Iron!
- Floriani Total Control U Software System
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Golden Days Fat Quarter!
- Babyville Boutique Cloth Diapers Prize Pack
- Chance to Win the UpCart City!
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- 2014 Quilt Calendar
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners