Wanderlust Fabric Collection Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Wanderlust Fabric Collection Review
Reviewed by Jessica Carpender, Editor, AllFreeSewing.comChance to Win!
Wanderlust is the newest fabric line from Monaluna. Featuring eight prints of moody desert skies, horses grazing, wildflowers, and more, this collection sings of the Southwest and desert adventures.
Before I even begin writing the review of this gorgeous collection, I highly recommend reading the inspiration behind Wanderlust on the Monaluna blog. Monaluna's founder, Jennifer Moore, writes about the serendipitous events inspiring this collection, including but not limited to an impulse car purchase, cross country adventures, a time of transition, and of course, the serendipity of it all!
The collection primarily features deep blues and coral colors to emphasize that desert sky over rolling reddish hills. I love the offset of the Wild Horses pattern, which includes a pale green background with horses grazing and running. Sky is another beautiful print. Smudges of deep blue and pale blue along with smatterings of birds and red "sun spots" make for the softest, most peaceful print. The fluttering birds just remind me of a time of change and inspiration.
Prints like Diamond in the Rough, Dusk, Skipping Stones, and Sun Spots feature polka dots, triangles, and diamonds to offset the organic animal and floral prints. The collection includes four of these geometric patterns, and four organic. The color schemes allow certain prints to pair together just beautifully. I think the pale green of Wild Horses would pair beautifully with the light mauve of Diamond in the Rough. Sky would pair beautifully with Sun Spots or Skipping Stones. Make a bright pink garment for a little girl by pairing Wildflower with Skipping Stones. Last, a calming and soft pairing of Feather and Dusk would make a beautiful quilt for a boy's room, or a lovely garment or tote.
If you're in the mood for a Southwest flair for your next project, be sure to explore Wanderlust! This gorgeous collection and the story behind it make for a meaningful new project.
What is your favorite place you've traveled?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Wanderlust Fabric Collection Review
- BERNINA 215 Simply Red Sewing Machine
- Simplicity Sewing Patterns Review
- Therm O Web Fabric Fuse
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
- Cecilia Jorcin Clothing Patterns
- 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Everything Mary Rolling Sewing Tote
- Polyfil Premium Fiber Fill
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Loose Fit Raglan Top
- Sewing Wristband Tutorial
- Cap Sleeve Knit Top
- Woven Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- 40 Figure Flattering Free Sewing Patterns
- 12 Free Apron Patterns & Easy Garden Ideas
- Ladylike Teacup DIY Pincushion
- Easy Sew Pencil Pouch
- Baby Nappy & Wipes Travel Pouch
- Simple Hexie Pincushion