- see all comments
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
"I have just downloaded the pattern CARDINAL QUILT Designed by Marie Duncan CCQ0502-031950M and am questioning the gold beak and black face area. There is no instruction as to how to do it."
Adorable Shades of Pink and Purple Rag Quilt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Rag quilts are all the rage and this one is perfect for beginners. This Adorable Shades of Pink and Purple Rag Quilt Pattern is pink and purple, which would look super pretty in a pink-lovers room. Or, put it on your couch for a comfy quilt that can be used when the A/C is blasting or during the mid-season temp changes.
If you've never made a DIY rag quilt, then watch the video below to learn how!
From the Blogger: "I'm sure you've seen these before. I've been drooling over all the lovely soft and snuggly rag quilts I see on my Pinterest feed and have been longing to find out how to make one. So I gave it a try, took some photos and a video along the way to share the process with you, in case you'd like to give it a go too."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Read NextHow To Make A Rag Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 16, 2017
The instructions say "advanced" but it does not look difficult to me. I like the look and the fact that it uses flannel. Should be light and warm at the same time. Great pattern.
Jan 15, 2017
I'm surprized, I usually don't like rag quilts, but this one is done so nicely and incoordinating colors that I am inspired to make this one.
Nov 03, 2016
This is a beautiful pattern for a rag quilt. Rag quilts are my "thing"! When I tell you, if I can make one, anyone can....I am not kidding. These make wonderful baby gifts, or really a wonderful gift for anyone using the right fabrics for that person. They are very comfy. You can use a minky or flannel for the back. Often times, I use minky for the back, flannel for the middle and then a variety of fabrics for the top. The really neat thing about these is that they only become more comfortable and beautiful with each wash. My suggestion is that the first wash is done in a laundromat. It really does let off a lot of string that first time. After that, it just gets more beautiful.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Letting Out Pants
If you've ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show… Continue reading: "Letting Out Pants"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners