6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- see all comments
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Crossover Skirt and Ruffled Petticoat Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
If you are making free dress patterns for your girls, you are going to want to learn how to make a petticoat to go under those adorable dress patterns for sewing. This free sewing pattern and tutorial shows you how to add a ruffly skirt underneath dress patterns for sewing you already have on file. Use the Crossover Skirt and Ruffled Petticoat Tutorial to add some texture or poof to a pattern, to make it fit, or even to add some warmth to thin dress fabric. You are going to love learning how to make your own clothes even fancier with this tutorial.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextPom Pom Fleece Hat Sewing Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The New Woman's Flapper Dress
If you want to enter a new, personal, fashion era, make The New Woman's Flapper Dress. Chic and cutting edge, you can sew an easy… Continue reading: "The New Woman's Flapper Dress"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- Free Curved Top Zipper Pouch Pattern
- How to Sew a Key Fob
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners