We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
It was 1986 and we were driving around the back roads upstate New York (code for lost) when we stumbled upon a small hamlet called Fishs Eddy. It was a perfectly odd name so we borrowed it for our just-opened shop near Gramercy Park in New York City.
The early days were new and exciting, driving aimlessly (code for no map) in our dented blue pick-up looking for interesting finds. One fortuitous trip landed us in an old barn that was being used to store restaurant dishware from a near-by manufacturer. The barn, filled with tons of plates, bowls, platters, cups and saucers, had been in a fire. Remarkably, every single soot-covered dish was intact!
We asked the owner of the barn (and yes, he was wearing overalls) if we could buy a few pieces and but he wanted us to "take it all” off his hands. So we did.
We hauled the “ware” back to our city apartment, scrubbed non-stop for days and discovered patterns and shapes that were absolutely beautiful and truly classic; a real slice of American history! We shared the same thought that we were on to something special …and customers agreed.
Twenty-five years later Fishs Eddy has made its own history. Millions of edgy, unique and incredibly fun dishes and glasses have come through our doors. That old blue pick-up truck is now a big delivery truck with our logo (and a GPS). Of course we still meander and let life take us to unexpected places (code for can’t figure out how to work the GPS). But most importantly, we're still true to our original vision; commercial quality dish and glassware with plenty of other things to make people smile.
Products Reviewed on AllFreeSewing:
Read NextCoats & Clark
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners