21 Simple Sewn Gifts for Men (Birthday & Father's Day Sewing Projects)
Make homemade birthday gifts for Dad or give him the perfect gift this Father's Day with these free sewing patterns for men!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
This Father’s Day make him something special instead of resorting to a generic store-bought gift. Simple sewing projects for men aren’t always easy to come by, but we’ve gathered a bunch for you here. This page with 21 Simple Sewn Gifts for Men (Birthday & Father's Day Sewing Projects) offer great presents for Father’s Day and birthdays but can really serve as sewn gift ideas for any time of year.
If he has an important event coming up, you can take any of these creative ideas and personalize the project. Or maybe the special man in your life is just in need of a nice tie to wear to work – we’ve got you covered there too!
The great thing about these simple sewing projects for men? They’ll save you money and still help you create special gifts we know he’s going to love. You’ll find that the cheap Father’s Day gift ideas in this collection are not only inexpensive, they’re totally useful. Sewing homemade gifts is one way to ensure your gift will be appreciated and cherished.
Sewn gift ideas are always more heartfelt than ones that are store-bought. That’s why we’ve carefully chosen each of these simple sewing projects for men to include in this roundup. Check out the sewn gift ideas, grab the sewing machine, and get to sewing, whether you want to create homemade birthday gifts for dad or a present for any special man in your life.
Table of Contents
Show your appreciation for your father, whether he is your biological father, a father figure, step father, grandfather, or the father of your children. This free eBook Sewing for Men: 6 Free Sewing Patterns for Father's Day will help you give back to your wonderful father on his special day. Stay away from the typical Father's Day gifts like ties and try out one of these free sewing patterns. Sewing for Men: 6 Free Sewing Patterns for Father's Day
Sophisticated Sewn Gifts to Make for Men
If your dad doesn't want you to spend a ton of money on him, these easy sewing projects will make that wish come true while still giving him a lovely gift. Check out these cheap Father's Day gift ideas. Each one makes for a useful gift so Dad won't be tossing it aside but will be using it in his everyday life.
If you're looking for handmade gifts for dad, you'll find that these ideas are not only fun and inexpensive, they're heartfelt. You can even personalize each one. Choose your father's favorite sports team's colors to really catch his attention. All of these cheap Father's Day gift ideas are perfect for any deserving dad.
- DIY Bow Tie PatternWith wedding season approaching, make sure your man looks dapper for his upcoming nuptials, prom, or other special occasion with this DIY Bow Tie Pattern. A great DIY gift idea for Father's Day, this sewing pattern for men comes with a printable template for creating your bow tie.
- Golf Towel TutorialEvery golfer needs a golf towel while out on the course. Let the Golf Towel Tutorial show you how to make this simple towel craft. If you're in need of a Father's Day gift you've just come across one that's up to par.
- The Man CowlRight now everyone's looking to learn how to saw a cowl scarf. They're super trendy and useful. This free sewing pattern can really be worn by either men or women. With just a few stitches, you've got The Man Cowl - great for his winter wardrobe.
- Manly Coffee CozyMake your man a manly coffee cozy with felt tire tracks on it. He'll feel manly even while holding a vanilla latte when you try this sewing tutorial.
- Men's WalletIf you are looking for something to give dad for Father's Day, check out the Men's Wallet project. Sewing for men is tricky but every man carries a wallet so you know this craft will be useful. Take a few of his favorite shirts and refashion them into a wallet.
- Leather Patch ScarfIt's difficult shopping for men, so instead make him something he'll love. This Leather Patch Scarf is the perfect thing. It's a manly scarf that he can wear in the winter to keep warm and show off some style.
- Travel Shave Kit Sewing PatternCreate a nifty, thrifty carry-on you can take with you all over the world with this Travel Shave Kit Sewing Pattern. From New York to Tokyo, this free sewing pattern is the perfect sewn accessory to take with you on your travels. With a basic zipper, this project is super-easy to make, even if you're not the most experienced sewist.
- Dad's Tie to Gadget CaseFor a unique way to refashion a tie and create something new, make this easy gadget case. By using simple materials you'll find around your house you can create a personalized case to store a cell phone or an ipod. Great as a gift for dad!
Heartwarming Hand Sewn Gifts for Him
When it comes to simple sewing projects for men, we've got a number of great options for you to choose from. Even if Father's Day has passed and his birthday isn't coming up, check out these simple sewing projects for men because all of them make special gifts for any time of year.
These handmade gifts for Dad are just the thing to both save money and create something he'll treasure because it comes from you! Whether he's a nerdy type or a huge golfer, the ideas we've hand-picked here are sure to deliver. Our simple sewing projects for men will help you create these awesome gifts one step at a time. With helpful tutorials and easy-to-understand instructions, you'll love the results and so will he!
- Vintage Photo DIY PillowLooking for the perfect gift for Mother's Day or Father's Day? Then you'll love this charming keepsake that makes for some unique and heartfelt home decor. This Vintage Photo DIY Pillow is a fantastic family keepsake that's a great holiday gift or a fun present for graduation or birthdays.
- Vintage Golf Club Head Covers for DadGolf club head covers are in high demand during the Spring and Summer. This year make sure the golfer in your life looks like a pro on the course with the Vintage Golf Club Covers for Dad. Great father's day present, of course!
- iPad Cross Body Sleeve for DadDad deserves special gifts no matter what the time of year. The iPad Cross Body Sleeve for Dad is a simple project that he can use to easily transport his favorite gadget. An iPad notebook cover like this makes for a great gift for dad.
- The Boxy Dopp KitThe man in your life needs sewn goods too. Make the Boxy Dopp Kit for his belongings when traveling. Guys are hard to shop for, make this project for him instead. It's an easy and usable craft.
- Father and Son TiesSew matching father and son ties for the men in your life using this free sewing craft pattern. This sewing tutorial even shows you how to draft your own tie pattern.
- Father's Day TieMake a Father's Day tie with this sewing pattern for men. Homemade gifts mean so much more than store bought, so try this free, easy sewing pattern today!
- Barbecue Apron for MenThe king of your grill has to keep his clothes clean while he's cooking up a storm at your next party. Sew him this Barbecue Apron for Men to wear while he's grilling the ribs, burgers, and kabobs. Check out this easy sewing tutorial to learn how to make an apron that your husband will love.
Perfect Sewn Gifts for Dad
It can be tricky picking out a gift for the #1 man in your life: Dad. Browse through these new additions to our Father’s Day sewn gift ideas and see if they’ll work for your pop. These simple sewing projects for men differ from the typical tie.
From appliqued boxers to manly coffee cozies, these cheap Father’s Day gift ideas should do the trick when it comes to sewing up the perfect gift. You’ve gotten over the hard part and found a great selection of simple sewing projects for men, now all you have to do is pick one from this great collection.
- King of the Grill DIY ApronIf your dad or husband loves cooking, especially outside in the summer time, you'll want to make him the King of the Grill DIY Apron. This sewing pattern mainly uses one and half yards of denim and an adorable applique that says Dad with a crown.
- Gentleman's iPhone CaseIf you're looking to make homemade gifts for him as a birthday, Christmas, or Father's Day gift, consider this Gentleman's iPhone Case. This sturdy iPhone DIY case is made from your choice of either felt or leather. It's constructed to keep the phone safe and snug with the help of a thick thread.
- Vintage Gun SleeveGive your favorite hunter a gift he will love to show his buddies. You can make him a Vintage Gun Sleeve by following this easy sewing tutorial. Fabric sleeves for guns don't have to be boring. Ditch the store-bought goods and try making a rifle sleeve that is personalized and customized.
- Easy DIY WalletA nice wallet doesn't have to come at a high price. You can make an Easy DIY Wallet that will impress all of your friends. If you're in need of a new wallet, you don't have to buy it, and you don't need duct tape. You can create a wallet that everyone will think came off a store shelf.
- Super Speedy SuspendersYou can add a little pizazz to your man's outfit in a snap. These Super Speedy Suspenders can be made in less than ten minutes. This is a great sewing project for beginners who are looking to make crafts for men. DIY suspenders are simple to produce and take very few materials.
- Appliqued UndiesMake a pair of appliqued undies for that special someone! Use this free sewing pattern for men to applique a pair of boxers with a secret message that only he will see (hopefully).
- DIY Fathers Day Fabric Coffee SleeveIf you're looking for another kind of coffee cozy, try out this simple fabric one. This DIY cozy can be added to your list of simple sewing projects for men, thanks to these easy instructions.
- Fine Fedora HatRevive the style of the 1920s by following these instructions to make a fedora. This Fine Fedora Hat is the perfect excuse to branch out and try new sewing projects. Because the instructions are so accessible and the final product extremely eye-catching, this easy hat pattern is a great way to fearlessly explore the sewing unknown.
How does your family celebrate Father's Day? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Bo Peep Costume
- How Much Fabric Do I Need for a Quilt?
- 6 Pocket Origami Pouch
- 30+ American Girl Doll Sewing Patterns
- How to Cut Fabric: Tips and Tricks
- No-Sew Triangle Coin Purse Pattern
- How to Sew Vinyl
- Riley Blake Sweet Stems Collection
- Poppy Mini Market Bag Sewing Pattern
- DIY Hanging Laundry Bag (Reversible!)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners