35 Free Fleece Sewing Projects To Help Stay Warm This Winter
Check out our free fleece patterns for scarves, hats, jackets, and more to keep cozy and warm when the weather is frightful!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
While the weather outside is frightful and the heating inside your house is so delightful, you still have places to go! You're a busy person and you always have errands to run! Keep yourself warm while you're out and about with these great free fleece sewing projects. Save money this time of the year by sewing your own garments. From sewing a cozy fleece hat pattern to keep your ears warm to amazing fleece blanket ideas to keep everybody warm, we have the sewing patterns to help you and those you care about. Come join us to see 35 Free Fleece Sewing Projects to Help Stay Warm This Winter.
No matter which project from this collection you decide to sew, you're sure to keep warm all winter long. Whether you choose one of our fleece jacket sewing patterns or free scarf patterns, you won't have to face the cold without something fuzzy and warm to protect your skin this winter.
Table of Contents
Fleece Hat and Headband Patterns
- How to Sew a Fleece Hat
This video shows you the exact steps you need to do to make an easy and delightful fleece hat.
- Basic Hat With Ribbon Tutorial
Make an adorable hat to help keep your little ones warm this time of the year.
- Flapper Headband/Ear Warmer Tutorial
These trendy accessories not only look great but will help keep you toasty in the winter.
- Fleece Beret
This tiger print fleece beret is the perfect stylish and warm winter hat.
- How to Make a Fleece Hat With Ears
This cute fleece hat is just as warm as it is adorable.
- Adorable Owl Fleece Hat Sewing Pattern
There's nothing better than a warm fleece hat with an owl's face on it.
- Winter Ear Warmer Headband
This simple headband has a delicate lace flower, which gives a touch of feminine beauty while also keeping you warm.
- Pom Pom Fleece Hat Sewing Pattern
Create this winter hat pattern in as little as a few minutes, and have it ready to go next time your little snow bunny wants to go out and frolic in the fresh powder.
For more DIY clothes ideas, download our free eBook, Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Knock Off Patterns
Fleece Scarf Patterns
- Parade Scarf Tutorial
While this scarf is perfect for standing outside on a cold day watching a holiday parade, it's so joyous and fun that you'll want to wear it all winter long!
- Saturday Morning Scarf
Enjoy sipping on coffee and reading the weekend paper in comfort. Let this tutorial show you how to make a fleece scarf that is perfect for comfy mornings.
- Warm and Cozy Reversible Fleece Cowl Scarf
Make this simple fleece cowl and end up with two great cowl designs in one!
- Simple Fleece Scarf
This scarf requires a minimal amount of sewing, so make it today!
- Make Your Own Fleece Infinity Scarf
Make your own fleece infinity scarf with this easy tutorial and a single piece of fleece. It's asy enough for extreme beginners and oh-so-snuggly.
- The Bubble Scarf
Add a simple touch with just the right amount of intricate detail to your outfits with this fleece scarf.
- Fast No Sew Fleece & Fringe Scarf
This DIY scarf is super easy to make, uses a quarter-yard of fabric, and takes less than an hour from start to finish. The tutorial even teaches you how to make fringe you'll want to incorporate in your cute DIY projects from now on.
For more ways to learn how to make a scarf, check out our collection, 36 Ways to Learn How to Sew a Scarf
Fleece Blanket Patterns
- How to Make a Sewn Fleece Blanket
This video shows you how to make the perfect fleece blanket that you can use all year long.
- The Happy Couple Blanket
Stop fighting with your significant other about how much or how little of the blanket each partner will get when you guys sleep at night. This blanket solves that problem by making both sides happy.
- Reversible Receiving Blanket
This double-sided fleece blanket is perfect for keeping your newborn warm and cozy.
- Self Binding Blanket Tutorial
Learn how to make a professional, neat, and cozy blanket without stressing over the binding.
- Beyond the Tie Fleece Blanket Tutorial
This fleece blanket has a silky satin binding, which gives it an elegant touch.
- Pom Pom Fleece Blanket Tutorial
Cozy, vibrant, soft, and trendy, this is a must-have for household decor this year. Whether you use the blanket as a decorative throw or as your favorite couch-cuddling accessory, it will give a youthful touch to any living space.
- Easy Fleece Blankets Tutorial
Get ready to snuggle up this winter under some cozy and comfortable blankets with an easy three-in-one sewing tutorial. Using one and a half yards of fabric, you can design your blankets in festive plaid and add charming details like ric rac or pom-poms.
Need MORE blankets? Check out our expansive guide of baby blankets, quilt patterns, and more: How to Sew a Blanket: 185+ Easy Quilt Patterns, Baby Blanket Sewing Patterns, and More
Other Fleece Items to Help Stay Warm
- Red Riding Hood Cape Tutorial
You don't need to plan a trip to your Grandmother's house to wear this fashionable accessory. This stylish garment is guaranteed to keep you warm and cozy when the snow falls.
- DIY Sleeping Bag Pack
This item will not only keep your little one warm but it is practical because it rolls up into an easy-to-carry bag.
- Men's Fleece Hoodie
Make a warm hoodie without any frills for this cold winter.
- Fleece Pants Pattern
Pair your fleece hoodies and scarves with these fleece pants and be super warm this winter.
- How to Make a Child's Cape
Keep your little one warm in this fleece cape.
- The Warmest Winter Toddler Jacket
Make your child this warm fleece jacket and they'll be able to stay warm all winter.
- Fleece Baby Car Seat Tutorial
Keep your child warm and cozy with this fuzzy car seat liner!
- Flying High Fleece for Boys
This fleece jacket is perfect for your little boy this winter.
- Gryffindor-Inspired Infinity Scarf Tutorial
Your little girl will love showing off her love of all things Harry Potter with this beginner scarf.
- 2-in-1 Superhero Cape Blanket
Not only does this fleece cape make an adorable DIY Halloween costume for your baby, but it will also keep him or her warm on a chilly fall evening.
- Back to School Pleated Skirt Tutorial
Pair this cozy skirt with a pair of leggings or tights to give her an adorable look for autumn or winter weather.
- Fleece Arm Warmer Pattern
This is an easy sewing project that only takes about half an hour, and the free printable pattern makes it even easier to whip up several pairs in a short amount of time. These arm warmers are fingerless, too, so you can wear them in your home in the morning until you get warmed up.
- How To Make a Fleece Neck Warmer
Here's an amazing solution for those who don't like wearing traditional scarves. This easy beginner sewing tutorial will teach you how to make a warm and cozy reversible fleece neck warmer.
Which of these snuggly projects is your favorite? Let us know below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- 33 Easy Sewing Projects for Winter
- Easy Sock Snowman Tutorial
- Easy Fleece Blankets Tutorial
- Snowman DIY Pillow Pattern
- World's Simplest Scarf
- 35 Free Fleece Sewing Projects To Help Stay Warm This Winter
- How to Make a Hand Warmer
- How to Sew a Jacket: 40 Patterns to Keep You Warm
- Snuggle Snowmen Quilt
- 15+ Free Snowman Patterns to Sew
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Postcards
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Diy Pull Up Fabric Bows
- Free Mama Claus Apron Pattern
- Ripstop Reusable Grocery Bag
- Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament
- Fuzzy Fleece Infinity Scarf
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Yoyo Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners