15+ Free Snowman Patterns to Sew
Do you wanna build a snowman? Then you'll love these snowman sewing projects for winter!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Do you want to sew a snowman? Of course you do! That’s why you opened this collection of 15+ Free Snowman Patterns to Sew. There is also a section of bonus snowy sewing project ideas.
One of the best things about learning how to make a snowman with your sewing skills is that it allows you to create a free sewing pattern that you can leave out all winter. Other Christmas sewing projects need to be tucked away after the holidays come and go.
Keep your snowy cheer out all winter long by adding some DIY snowman sewing patterns to your arsenal of winter sewing projects. Learning how to make a sock snowman or how to sew a too cute snowman quilt pattern will solve all of your January and February winter decor problems.
Our collection of awesome snowman sewing patterns includes lots of easy sewing projects you can display all winter long. The free sewing patterns and snowman tutorials are going to really brighten up your winter cheer.
Easy, cute, and totally free, these sewing patterns show you how to make a snowman (or woman) that will never ever melt. These cuties look especially cute adorning mantels, entryways, and more!
PLUS! Do Not Miss Our Special #NationalSewingMonth Giveaway to Win a Janome Sewing Machine Worth Over $1,000! Comment at the bottom of the page and enter here for an additional entry. Contest ends 9/30 at midnight.
Table of Contents
Sweetest Snowman Sewing Patterns
The worst thing about building a snowman is that you have to step into the cold and freeze your fingers while creating a brand new friend who will very soon melt.
Skip all that hassle and learn how to make a snowman craft idea that you can bring out every year with these adorable snowman craft ideas to sew.
The Let it Snow Quilt Pattern shown here is one of the several cute ideas in this section. There are snowman patterns for both adults and children or for the whole family to make together.
Then you can all decide where they should go during winter! It's going to look cute and remind you all of the fun times you spend together.
- He Was Made of Yo-Yo Ornament
This is such a creative ornament. Be sure to check it out and see for yourself!
- Simple Fleece Snowman
This fleece snowman sewing pattern has one of those classic snowman looks.
- Simple Snowman DIY Ornament
This is an easy DIY ornament project for the kids to try since it involves basic hand stitching.
- Snuggle Snowmen Quilt
Aww, this free quilt pattern is one of the sweetest designs we've seen. Set up in the entryway!
- Snowman Mug Rug Pattern
Mug rugs are essential when hot chocolate is in high demand. They also make excellent gifts.
- Sew Felt Snowmen for Christmas
Another easy sewing project for winter! Just look at their cute little rosy noses and green attire.
- Snowman Pin
Up the festive looks of your outfits during the holidays with these cute snowman pins.
- Frosty the Sewnman
Welcome your holiday guests with this friendly snowman. Change his message every week!
- Olaf the Snowman Hooded Towel Tutorial
We couldn't make this snowman page without including Olaf from Frozen! This craft is awesome.
Find more DIY sewing projects for the holidays in our giant collection: 200+ Free Christmas Sewing Patterns: A Complete Christmas Sewing Guide
Sock Snowman Projects
Sewing with socks does not have to be limited to making sock monkeys! Say hello to winter with these how to make a sock snowman tutorials, like this adorable Super Simple Sock Snowman shown here.
These tutorials use cheap socks that you can easily find at the dollar store to create precious snowman craft ideas for your home. Once you learn how to make a sock snowman, you'll never want to go back.
Plus, they are great recycled crafts and fun for the kids. There are so many different ways to dress up your snowman, from the button choices to clothing to facial expressions. Use what you have around the house to keep it thrifty!
Looking for last minute gift ideas? Be sure to download our free eBook today: "The Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide" eBook
BONUS! Snowy and Winter Sewing Projects
After Christmas has come and gone, there is a long stretch of January without a single holiday in sight. When the winter blues set in, you might want to pep up your space or wardrobe with new sewing project ideas.
These free sewing patterns show you how to add some snowy accents to your life. Take this Snowy Scene Bag Transformation. It works before Christmas but it will fit in well after, too.
However, these mostly have a touch of snow so that they'll work from November to March. Of course, we included a few Christmas-specific patterns as well for those who want some extra holiday ideas.
- Recycled Button Table Runner
This table runner is a cute project to help you use up some of your button stash for snowflakes.
- Winter Snowflake DIY Christmas Ornament
This is the cutest little snowflake we've ever seen! It comes with a printable pattern, too.
- Tulle Snowball Skirt
Dress festively for all of your holiday parties with this fun and pretty snowflake skirt pattern.
- Let It Snow Christmas Stocking
This stocking pattern isn't overly Christmas-like, which means you can keep it up longer.
- Elegant Embroidered Snowflake Ornament
Wow, this snowflake embroidery project is so pretty and should be kept up for as long as possible.
- Easy Snowflake Coasters to Sew
Not only are these DIY coasters easy to make but they'll help keep your home festive and free of stains and damage.
- DIY Snowflake Pillow
These pillows are comfortable but also add a touch of festive decor to any room of the house.
National Sewing Month: Enter for Your Chance to Win a Janome Sewing Machine!
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post that includes #NationalSewingMonth. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of October 1st, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account).
- You have until September 30th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Frosty or Rudolph? Which do you prefer?
Answer below and include the hashtag #NationalSewingMonth for your chance to win!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Easy Sock Snowman Tutorial
15+ Free Snowman Patterns to Sew
How to Sew a Jacket: 40 Patterns to Keep You Warm
30+ Free Fleece Patterns To Help Stay Warm This Winter
Frosty the Sewnman
Flannel DIY Hand Warmers
Keep It Cozy Rice Pad
Simple Fleece Snowman
Cozy Flannel Blanket
Twists and Bows Slouch Hat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Custom Pencil Cases
- Reliable Corporation
- Mini Fabric Pumpkins
- Denim Dog Toys
- Icy Cool Neck Wrap
- How to Make Your Own Dress Pattern
- Bias Calculator and Formula
- 25+ Easy Stuffed Animal Patterns
- 37 Rustic Fall Decorating Ideas
- Little Girls Enchanted Tulip Sleeve Dress
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners