How to Make a Lunch Bag: 14 Reusable Totes, Sacks, and Snack Bags
Get ready for back to school season with these DIY lunch box ideas!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Tired of throwing away all of those brown paper sacks and plastic baggies? Check out this collection, How to Make a Lunch Bag: 14 Reusable Totes, Sacks, and Snack Bags, to be environmentally friendly and carry your lunch in style. These free sewing tutorials are easy, useful, and so much more affordable and adorable than buying a generic, overpriced lunch box from the store. A DIY Lunch Bag is a great way to get your kids ready to go back to school.
They will love carrying their food in a customizable, adorable sack, like this Clear As Day Vinyl Lunch Bag. These reusable lunch bags aren't just for kids, though. You can make one for yourself too! Make a pretty lunch sack like this Oilcloth Lunch Tote Tutorial that is so chic and unique, no one will believe that you made it yourself. Want to be even more eco-friendly? Even your sandwich bags can be reusable with great patterns like this Ultimate Reusable Snack Bag. Learn how to make a lunch bag to make lunchtime the best part of the day.
Table of Contents
Looking for more back to school projects? This list of back to school projects to make with your grandkids includes all kinds of school necessities that kids can help make and personalize with their favorite characters, prints, or patterns! 25 Back to School Projects to Make with Your Grandkids
DIY Lunch Bags for Back to School Season
- Colorful No Sew Lunch BagMade completely with duct tape, this lunch box is both sturdy and roomy. With so many duct tape colors and patterns available, this DIY bag can be customized for a boy or a girl.
- Clear As Day Vinyl Lunch BagWhether you make this DIY lunch tote for a grade-schooler or an adult, it's incredibly helpful. Not only can you save a boatload of cash by substituting disposable paper bags with this one, you can easily control messy spills thanks to the vinyl body of this bag.
- Snack Time DIY Sewn BagMoms who want to be eco-conscious are going to absolutely love this sewn bag pattern. These insulated little wonders are the perfect addition to a DIY lunch bag pattern and are easy to make.
- Mushroom or Owl Lunch SackThe kids will love this adorable sewn craft. For a fun way to enjoy lunch, make them the Mushroom or Owl Lunch Sack. It's a great way to go green and save all those plastic bags.
- Mini Quilt Lunch SackSince you can turn a lovely mini quilt into anything, why not create something beautiful and useful? The Mini Quilt Lunch Sack requires little fabric and time but delivers a lunch tote that's great for your midday meal on the go.
- Insulated Bag TutorialThis fabulous Insulated Bag Tutorial is a great way to sew your own lunch bag. A reusable lunch tote is an easy, inexpensive way to ensure that your children go to school or to play in style.
Lunch Bag Ideas for Adults
- Insulated Grocery Bag PatternSkip worrying about your milk going back or your ice cream melting when you make this free bag pattern. Use 54" wide decorator weight fabric and a reflective car shade to create this functional Insulated Grocery Bag Pattern.
- Stylish Lunch SackThe next time noon rolls around, you'll be happily debuting your Stylish Lunch Sack. Check out this tutorial and find out how to make a lunch bag that's reusable, eye-pleasing and easy to make.
- Oilcloth Lunch Tote TutorialInstead of bringing a new bag everyday, reuse the same lovely one you've created. The Oilcloth Lunch Tote Tutorial will lead you through all the steps of making this awesome sewing project.
- Reusable Lunch BagIf you want to help the environment, consider swapping plastic bags for this reusable lunch bag. All you need is this free sewing craft pattern to get you started.
- Lunch Tote with HandlesThis simple fat quarter tote bag is a great and practical project for just about anyone, and it is an easy tote to make. To create your own, simply download the PDF pattern and scale it to whatever size you want.
- Lunch SackPack your kids a lunch they'll love in a lunch sack they'll love even more. Now you can put TLC in their lunch box too, when you use this free, easy sewing pattern to make going back-to-school just a little easier.
How to Make Reusable Snack Bags and Other Lunch Gear
- Cutlery Zip BagLined with shower curtain fabric, just in case there is no where to wash up. This bag is perfect for when you are on the go - tutorial includes free download of cutlery image.
- Reusable Fabric Sandwich and Snack BagsThese Reusable Fabric Sandwich and Snack Bags are not only good for the environment, but they are also adorable and budget-friendly. Follow this tutorial to learn how to make reusable snack bags that will add smiles to lunchtime.
- Cool and Compact Lunch Bag TutorialIf you like to bring your lunch to work but hating toting a whole extra bag in order to do so, this easy sewing pattern is going to change your life.
- Ultimate Reusable Snack BagThis reusable snack bag tutorial will teach you how to make an awesome machine-washable snack bag that you can use over and over. Whether you're packing a sandwich lunch or need a place to store your snacks, this snack bag is the perfect size.
- 15 Minute Fabric Lunch WrapWith just 15 minutes you can make this sewn project that's good for the environment and your wallet! Stop spending money on plastic sandwich bags and instead pack lunches in the 15 minute fabric lunch wrap.
If you are looking for more sewing projects for going back to school, download our free eBook, 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School. "6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School" eBook
What type of bag patterns would you like to see on AllFreeSewing? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fashionable Travel Bag
- Small Backpack Pattern for Small Budgets
- Farm Girl Recycled Jeans Apron
- Refashion Shorts into a Skirt
- When You Wish....Baby Mat
- Make a Hexagon Storage Pouch
- Lace Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Harvest Leaf Coasters
- Free Girl's Circle Skirt
- 28 DIY Thanksgiving Table Decorations & Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners