This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How & Why You Should Do A Knit Fabric Stretch Test
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This simple but important knit fabric stretch test will help you decide what size to choose for a pattern and what to do with the fabric you already have on hand. Why should you know this? The best reason I can give you is that it will really let you leverage your stash of fabric at home to create a wardrobe that will make you look and feel great. As I have mentioned before, there are several knit types; Two-Way Stretch knits, Four-Way Stretch knits, as well as, single and double knits (in both single and double knits the fabric will stretch to a certain percentage). "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextHow to Make a Pattern from Jeans
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make these easy, retro kitchen curtains with gingham bows to hang in your windows, and watch your home instantly transform! This… Continue reading: "Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows"
- How to Make a Pattern from Jeans
- How to Thread a Needle
- 10 Best Sewing YouTube Channels
- How to Sharpen Sewing Scissors
- Sewing Machine Paper Practice Sheets
- 33+ Beginner Sewing Videos and Tutorials
- What is a Mug Rug? Guide
- How to Read a Sewing Pattern
- Types of Clothing Closures
- Hand Sewing Practice Sheets
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Kids Robe Pattern
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners