Best in Show
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Quilting is an amazing way to preserve your memories. Making a new quilt for a special occasion is a precious way to keep those experiences with you always. If you have a special furry friend you want to remember forever (or have a friend who has recently lost a pet), the bark-tastic patterns in Best in Show by Carol Armstrong are exactly the patterns you have been seeking. With over 20 quilting patterns of over 20 different dog breeds, you are sure to find a quilt that resembles man’s best friend. Whether you are crafting a quilt for yourself or a canine connoisseur in your life, this book has what you need.
The subject matter is not the only thing that is unique and special about this book. Not only is Best in Show focused entirely on dog quilts, it expresses an interest in artistic endeavors as well. The patterns provided are not entirely made from fabric and if you want to make the ultra-realistic pups like the ones in the examples, you must learn to paint their eyes on perfectly. Luckily for you, Armstrong added this tutorial to the collection. Even if you are not talented with a paint brush, you will be able to achieve the realistic effect with just a little bit of practice.
While these intricate quilts may be a bit intimidating for a novice sewist or quilter, the book comes with a fold out of each and every pattern. These patterns are coded to help you know where to use a certain color or swatch of fabric, as well. It would be difficult to fail to achieve the beautiful final product of these quilts with such detailed instructions. While the quilts may take a bit of time and effort, they will not be as frustrating as many other complicated sewing projects.
Best in Show is one of those treasured sewing books that is so creatively unique that you will never see another book like it. Its concentration on creating quilts based on dog breeds will help you create memorable and special quilts. Whether you just love dogs or are looking to commemorate a lost pooch, this book will be here to help.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- 100 Applique Motifs
- A Quilter's Ark
- The Perfect Pajama
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs
- Win a copy of Sew Many Gifts!
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners