Felt From the Heart Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Felt From the Heart
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
You really just can't beat a good plushy. You can't. Nothing is more comforting than a cute little animal or favorite food in felt form, because plushies are as cuddly as it gets. For toddlers and PhD candidates alike, felt plushies are a bedtime must and a good friend to have around all day long.
You can provide someone with the warmth and security of a friendly felt plushy by using this incredible book. Ana Araujo's Felt From the Heart is chock full of clever and creative ideas for sewing plushies that you are sure to love. From food to animals and plants to space creatures, there's something for every plushy-lover in this book.
Whether you're a beginning sewist or you're a seasoned expert, you're sure to find a project you've never seen or thought of inside this book. Araujo's creativity shines in Felt From the Heart, with projects like a Cupcake Princess Crown, an Alien Boy Flying Saucer, and a Barnyard Bonanza Cat. Don't settle for boring, run-of-the mill sewing projects when you can learn how to sew any and all of these great plushies.
Right at the beginning of the book, Araujo prepares her readers with the knowledge and skills they will need to take full advantage of her fantastic book. So that everyone can follow along with her sewing tutorials, Araujo provides her readers with several sections of information that explain the materials, stitches, and tools she employs to create her adorable little creatures. Check out those sections before you get started sewing so you'll be well-prepared for your sewing adventures. If you ever need a refresher while you're sewing, just flip back to the beginning pages for a review.
Felt From the Heart will quickly become your go-to resource to fill your home with cute cuddliness. Araujo really goes out of her way to give you everything you need to sew the best felt plushies on the block. Inside her book are more than 20 step-by-step sewing tutorials. Even better than that, Araujo also provides her readers with templates for every piece of every project. That's right, not only do you get sewing instructions in this book, you get guides to help you ensure accurate measurements for all of your felt pieces. With all of the information and guidance inside Felt From the Heart, nothing can stand between you and the best plushies anyone has ever seen.
Say goodbye to store-bought toys and even say goodbye to your sewing machine (temporarily). All of the projects in this book are hand-stitched using your needle and thread, enhancing that special, homemade touch you can't get with generic plushies. Whether you're sewing for yourself or sewing plushies as a gift, these projects will definitely be a hit. Grab your sewing supplies, your felt, and your very own copy of Felt From the Heart, and get started sewing your very own plushies today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Stitched Toys: 20 Stunning But Simple Designs
The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding
Emma Tote Kit
Sewing Vintage Modern
Sewing Pottery by Machine
Pattern Fitting with Confidence
100 Applique Motifs
Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
Sew It, Stuff It
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- One Yard Wonders: 26+ One Yard Fabric Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners