We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Patchwork Plus by Geralyn J. Powers lives up to its name. It is not just a quilting book. While the book does provide a lovely combo of quilting projects, it is so much more. Unlike many quilting books, this collection has a lot of heart that comes along with each pattern. Powers is a talented and passionate quilter. Her designs each come with a deep and special meaning. She shares the stories of each and every quilt, giving you a rare glimpse into her life. With seasonal quilts and patterns dedicated to beloved family members, Patchwork Plus is a meaningful collection that will bring the reader much closer to the art.
With creative names and cute designs, it will be hard to pick exactly which quilt you would like to create. Quilts like “Gingermania” and “The Bells are Ringing” make fabulous Christmas quilts and their bells and gingerbread men appliques can be used on other projects, as well. If you are not a holiday quilter, you may adore the “Petals for the Table” Quilt that makes a lovely decorative piece. No matter what your quilting preference is, you will find a quilt you adore in this collection of patchwork pieces and loveable designs.
In addition to the nine quilting patterns provided by Patchwork Plus, there are useful and informative chapters and tutorials on the quilting techniques necessary to finishing these quilts. Novice quilters will benefit from the expert tips on fabric selection, fusible applique, decorative stitching, and other important crafting skills. This book provides you with all the tools necessary to finish a project successfully.
Patchwork Plus from Martingale is a quilting collection that has a lot of heart. The genuine passion Geralyn J. Powers has for the art of quilting is absolutely heartwarming. She has found a way to express herself beautifully with her quilts and she shares that gift with us in Patchwork Plus. Both novice and expert quilters will enjoy this lovely little journey into her quilting mind.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are a sewing mom or grandma with little ones around the house, finding a way to tuck your sharp sewing supplies out of the… Continue reading: "Simple and Sweet Sewing Organizer"
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Simply Sewn
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Sew the Perfect Gift
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Sew Baby
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 7 Types of Embroidery
- How To Make The Easiest Tassels Ever
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Womens Cowl Sweatshirt
- Girls Romper Pattern
- Diy Princess In Black Costume
- How To Sew A Ball - Free Ball Sewing Pattern
- Makeup Bag Pattern
- The Easiest Reversible Placemats Ever
- Microwave Baked Potato Bag (easy)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners