Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The best thing about a book filled with easy and beginner quilts is that it is a collection that can stay with you for a very long time. Even after learning how to quilt and moving on to more intricate patterns, you always have the option to return to the easier collection when you want to make a quilt in a flash or want to take a break from really time-consuming projects. Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty is one of those collections that has a lot of staying power. Compiled by Leisure Arts and Quilty, these beginner quilts are great projects to use while you are learning and excellent quick quilting projects for experts.
The best thing about the quilts in this collection is that they are designs that are both recognizable and contemporary. The patterns, blocks, and designs do a fantastic job of towing the line between the familiar look of old school quilts that we love and combining that with some lovely trendy fabric. Quilts like the “Blonde Redhead” combine the traditional look of sunbursts with vibrant colors to make a country chic look. Easily customizable, every quilt in this book would look amazing in your home. Even if you do not decide to use one of the color schemes suggested in particular, this collection serves as inspiration. Plus, the pictures are really lovely. Anyone who loves perusing quilting pictures will find it to be a total page-turner for the photos alone.
Geared especially towards beginner quilters, this book comes with helpful and expansive tutorials on some basic quilting skills you are going to need. Tutorials like “Binding 101” and “Accurate Cutting” are amazing resources. Even if you know how to quilt already, the tips will certainly be useful. This would make a great gift for a friend who is considering taking up quilting. Combine it with some fabric and they will love you forever.
If you are looking for new quilting ideas or learning how to quilt right now, this book is the book for you. User-friendly and beautifully laid out, Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty is a top-notch learning tool, complete with useful tutorials and lovely designs. Give it as a gift or keep it for yourself!
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Ladybug Plush
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Water-Resistant Zipper Pouch DIY
- Punch Needle Embroidered Pillow Tutorial
- Woven Circle Stitch Tutorial
- Velvet Bow Scrunchie DIY
- Cute Pizza Embroidery Pattern
- DIY Bike Bag for Kids
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners