This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Pinwheel DIY Shorts Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
You're not ready for summer yet until you've made this Pinwheel DIY Shorts Pattern. In the season of tank tops and walking barefoot, you'll want to be comfortable in your skin and these DIY shorts are just the wardrobe addition you need. You want your shorts to be loose but not look like a slob, which is where this shorts pattern comes in. You can wear them to the grocery store, hiking, or even to a casual summer party if you want to do so. Another perk of these adorable shorts is that you'll use less than a yard of fabric.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 29" of fabric (45" or 54" wide)
- 4 yards of trim
- 1" elastic long enough to fit around your waist
Find even more DIY shorts here:
Read NextSimply Summer DIY Wrap Skirt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 26, 2018
These shorts are so cute! I didn't know they were a blast from the past but love them. I love that I can make this pair so easily and with very little fabric. I'd make the edges with some pom poms trim I have leftover from another project and some lacy fabric I can wear to bed.
Apr 22, 2017
I have seen these in many department stores in the mall and my daughter loves them but they come with a big price tag so I am so glad to see a pattern for these. They are so popular and so comfy and not hot which is why they are a hit. Just add some pretty lace to the hems and you are on your way for some cute shorts for you or that special someone. Thanks.
AFC Editor Annalis a
Apr 15, 2016
I love shorts like these. I think they are such a great alternative to denim shorts. They're more creative, colorful, and fun! Definitely a summer must-have.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows
Make these easy, retro kitchen curtains with gingham bows to hang in your windows, and watch your home instantly transform! This… Continue reading: "Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners