23 Most Wanted Sewn Gift Ideas for Christmas
Get your gift list crossed off early with these DIY Christmas gifts that you can start making today!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Christmas may be a few months away, but that's no reason to wait on knocking out your Christmas sewing! Get inspired with these sewn gift ideas for Christmas from some of our favorite bloggers. These DIY gift ideas are sure to be the most wanted this holiday season, and there's a little something for everyone. Most of these projects are also beginner-friendly, so if you're just learning how to sew, you'll find fun projects you can make as well.
From DIY designer projects for the fashionista in your life to easy DIY toys for kids of all ages, these gift ideas for sewing are perfect for everyone in your family. AllFreeSewing has also included some charming projects for Disney, Harry Potter, and superhero fans in your life, so there's a little something for everyone. Get ready to beat Santa at his own game with these DIY gift ideas to check off your Christmas list.
Looking for more Christmas gift ideas? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Sewing It Up, for sewing projects for everyone in the family!
DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids
1. Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom - Jamie's free dress pattern for girls has fun bell sleeves and fits girls size 3 to 12. It's the perfect dress to wear with tights for winter!
2. Timeless Treasures - Abby's taggie blanket also comes with a fox softie, making it a great gift idea for toddlers.
3. It's Always Autumn - Autumn's tutorial shows you how to create pjs for your little man from Daddy's old shirts!
4. Make It-Love It - Ashley shows you how to make adorable diaper covers, so that your baby can stay warm and look fashionable.
5. Empress of Dirt - Melissa's charming owl ear bud holder is perfect for tweens!
6. The Real Thing with the Coake Family - KC's tutorial shows you how to create precious Christmas outfits for American Girl dolls.
7. Crazy Little Projects - Amber's hooded towels can be customized with your child's favorite superhero!
Celebrate National Sewing Month with AllFreeSewing! We're bringing you new tutorials and patterns all throughout September. National Sewing Month 2017
Easy Sewing Projects for Men
8. CraftStylish - Jennifer's tool belt rolls up for easy storage and can be embroidered with size labels.
9. Me Sew Crazy - Jessica shows you how to transform a plain belt into a personalized project that the kids can help make!
10. Fleece Fun - If your guy is constantly on the go, then you don't want to miss this tutorial for making a messenger bag, courtesy of Alicia.
11. The Homespun Heart - Monica's cozy quilt tutorial comes in his and her versions!
DIY Designer Sewing Projects for Fashionistas
12. Kojo Designs - Kirstin's got you covered for the mommy-to-be in your life with this DIY Kate Spade diaper bag.
13. Riva la Diva - Riva shows you how to create a gorgeous DIY cape for fall and winter that's inspired by Marc Jacobs.
14. Making It with Danielle - Love Michael Kors? Danielle's bringing you a simple tutorial for making a fold over clutch.
15. The Handmade is Better Blog - If you're searching for some DIY Vera Bradley, then don't miss Dana's tutorial for a nautical tote bag.
16. A Pair & A Spare - Geneva's got what the fashionista in your life has been searching for: DIY Dolce & Gabbana.
Don't miss your chance to win a brand new sewing machine! You can enter to win a BERNINA sewing machine all September long. BERNINA 215 Simply Red Sewing Machine
Fun Fandom Sewing Projects
17. Sew What Alicia - Alicia's tutorial shows you how to create a personalized t-shirt for any little Batman fans in your life.
18. CholyKnight - You know what they say! Catch'em all with this Pokemon inspired pillow.
19. Hey Let's Make Stuff - Cori shows you how to create fun capes for fans of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman.
20. Amelie and Atticus - Who doesn't love Harry Potter? This Hogwarts-inspired quilt tutorial is perfect for bookworms.
21. EnvatoTuts+ - Fans of Doctor Who will love Amanda's Adipose DIY plush toy.
22. Fleece Fun - Angel's showing you how to recreate Belle's signature ball gown for your granddaughter with this tutorial!
23. By Gum, By Golly - Tasha's tutorial for making a vintage-inspired skirt uses fun Doctor Who fabric.
What's the best present you've ever received? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Lovey Hot Hand Warmers
Retro Christmas Dishcloths
Patchwork Christmas Drawstring Gift Bag
Cute Christmas DIY Gift Bag
6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
61 Easy Sewing Projects from Santa
No Sew Fabric Gift Tags
Christmas Coffee DIY Drink Cozy
Peppy Scraps Penguin
Christmas Wine Bag Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners